Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #25
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
This is going to sound pretty lame...but when do you find out what your pipeline is? Or where can you find it out?
When you go into your recruiting process, as you go over the states, it says pipeline next to their name, i.e for me, Florida is my pipeline for FSU
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #26
1 J*hn 4:9,10

QuasiHero's Arena

OVR: 6

i haven't checked every school, but michigan appears to be the only school with a 6-star program rating and a 6-star academic rating. obviously, this sounds like a tremendous advantage. so what's the best way of taking advantage of this during recruiting?

has anyone noticed a brainy recruit that happened to be a 5-star player?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasiHero
i haven't checked every school, but michigan appears to be the only school with a 6-star program rating and a 6-star academic rating. obviously, this sounds like a tremendous advantage. so what's the best way of taking advantage of this during recruiting?

has anyone noticed a brainy recruit that happened to be a 5-star player?

Frank Okam (DT) from Texas was a 5* recruit and is pre-med. Very sharp dude.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
When you go into your recruiting process, as you go over the states, it says pipeline next to their name, i.e for me, Florida is my pipeline for FSU
I don't see the states like I used to in in season recruiting. Am I missing something or do you only see the states at the end of the season?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #29
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken
I don't see the states like I used to in in season recruiting. Am I missing something or do you only see the states at the end of the season?

Don't believe there is a way to "see the states" until post-season recruiting. Pretty sure the in-season recruiting is just by list. ALthough you can sort by state by moving the d pad left and right.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #30
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken

You wont see the states like during the offseason. But when you are looking at the players. Next to the state they are from, if its a pipeline state. It will say PIPELINE.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #31
Rookie

Once you get in a recruits Top 3 you need to get him in to visit as soon as possible. I was testing out stuff and using Navy and was similating the season a week at a time. When I got into the top 3 of 4 recruits (only had 5 left by then), I scheduled them all for the Army Navy game which was 4 weeks away. I was the favorite at the time for all players as well. After the next week I only had 1 recruit left because all 4 took visits somewhere else and committed. So I would assume then that you need to get the visit done asap once in the top 3.

My question for those that have gotten to the end of season recruiting, how highly ranked are the players that are left? Are there any 5, 4, 3 star recruits left?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #32
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Im at work so forgive me if I am wrong since I dont have the game in front of me. With XBOX you pull the left or right trigger and it changes to canada California....etc...It will be at the top left hand corner for you when you start the 1st week of the recruiting you can scroll through different states
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »