Home

HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics

This is a discussion on HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #33
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics

Guys I'm starting to get worried. The more I play the more slowdown I see. I was Miami against Florida in the swamp with rain near my goaline. Hike, hand off to the running back and boom, flashbacks of ncaa 05. Felt like I was in the Matrix. Is anybody experiencing this at all? Why am I so cursed? I have a hdtv JVC 48 inch tv with all the proper settings. I am still getting slowdown. Could this be because the game has been turned on since 11 this morning, about 7 hours straight. Could the game get "hot"? I was convinced that ea had remedied this issue by the many reviews, so why? Is my xbox lens dirty/need cleaning? Suggestions?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #34
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
I have a 193" SIM2 Grand Cinema e-link projector that was just put up in our home theatre. Any TV with a substantial screen size is going to reveal in greater detail imperfections in the graphics. Certainly individual settings can mask this somewhat, but since the game is only 480p there is only so much you can do.

As for the cables, the standard Microsoft AV pack is just fine.

All component cables carry an analog signal transmitted through three 75-ohm coaxial cables that are terminated with RCA, BNC or RF connectors. The term "digital video" is often used to describe component cables, however this is actually an "analog" display. These cables are simple devices, if you have them properly connected you will find that cheap cables are very unlikely to be bettered by expensive cables.

Expensive cables such as Monster can be better at reducing interference (especially over 20') and at keeping the S/N ratio high. Should you live in an area that has strong interferences which cause dropouts such as freeze frames, pixelization, etc. then better quality cables may help mitigate the problem. But if you are looking at a short connection length and live in a standard area, you will not notice a difference between the two. Really the only reason to purchase better cables is for the build quality. Expensive cables like Monster have very solid connectors with good strain relief. They are built like tanks and will last a lifetime

Ultimately, the decision is yours as to whether the more expensive cables are worth the cost. There are plenty of good valid reasons for buying expensive cables. Unfortunately, "better picture", "more accurate color representation", "cleaner signal" etc., are not among them.
I'm sorry, did you say 193"?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #35
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Guys:

1) PS2's don't support HD, thus the reason many HDTV owners went XBox. Your PS2 pic will look poor on any HDTV under any circumstances with the EA football games.

2) The larger the HDTV the more exagerrated jaggies get.

On my 38" tube 16:9 HDTV the game looks fine on closeups, it looks poor still during gameplay, vibrating colors or jaggies all over the place. EA NEVER has tried to optimize graphics to the extent VC did on the ESPN series,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

This thread just seems like an excuse for everyone to brag about their televisions.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #37
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon14 Re: HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics

The game looks great on my 43" panasonic HDTV widescreen. real clear and sharp.
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC
Old 07-14-2005, 01:21 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

have 52" rca looks nice
Old 07-14-2005, 01:25 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Looks great on my Samsung 50" DLP. Xbox version.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:09 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopadres
I'm sorry, did you say 193"?
Yes. Just finished along with our new house. Had a 144" at our previous home. We actually put the cost of the home theatre ($50K) into the mortgage, as we did before -- works out very well. The screen is a Stewart Studiotek 130 that is nearly 8 foot tall and 14 feet wide. This one retracts into the ceiling, while our other one was a fixed wall-screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »