Home

NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

This is a discussion on NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

I am not trying to start fights or a bashing match. I still believe ESPN 2k5 was the best football game made to date. I have not tried this years NCAA06 but last years did not play nearly as nicely as 2k5. EA is raving about revamped graphics (which look very similar to 05 to me) and better tackle animations, etc. My question is how does this game stack of to 2k5. DO NOT LIST WHAT IS POOR ABOUT EITHER GAME, BUT MAKE A COMPARISON. HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND YOU CAN INCLUDE WHICH GAMEPLAY YOU PREFER ALTHOUGH ITS HARD TO HAVE GIVEN NCAA06 A FAIR CHANCE IN 24 HOURS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

lmmfao. No comparison. NCAA '06 is head and heals above "2k Sports". That game was a complete joke. And I am NO EA fanboy, I just call em like I see em. Whats even worse for me is I was a HUGE supporter of Sega sports, before they imploded.

Anyway, *yawn*, your comparing oranges to apples here. College Vs. Pros doesnt jive my friend.

chef
Old 07-13-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
lmmfao. No comparison. NCAA '06 is head and heals above "2k Sports". That game was a complete joke. And I am NO EA fanboy, I just call em like I see em. Whats even worse for me is I was a HUGE supporter of Sega sports, before they imploded.

Anyway, *yawn*, your comparing oranges to apples here. College Vs. Pros doesnt jive my friend.

chef
wow, thanks for the worthless COMPARISON. You simply bashed 2k5 with not supporting details. I am not comparing college to pros, but gameplay of one game to another, animation and realistic player movement, realistic game stats, etc. FOR ANYONE ELSE READING... DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH POSTS LIKE chef423, THEY ARE OF NO HELP.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:35 AM   #4
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka55
wow, thanks for the worthless COMPARISON. You simply bashed 2k5 with not supporting details. I am not comparing college to pros, but gameplay of one game to another, animation and realistic player movement, realistic game stats, etc. FOR ANYONE ELSE READING... DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH POSTS LIKE chef423, THEY ARE OF NO HELP.

I had the same question you had,graphic wise ncaa 2005 was no comparison to 2k5,2k5 being much more vivid and crisp,i was wondering myself if ncaa 06 would be a upgrade or not ,not to mention the 50 bucks.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

No one is going to spend the time to compare the 2. 2k is junk, and it came out about 2 years ago, so why bother??? The bugs and many, many gameplay glitches in 2K make it totally inferior. Why do i need to list them to make a point when we all know what they are??? They are well known and documented on MANY sites. Go look them up if you are in denial.

Class dismissed.

chef
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
No one is going to spend the time to compare the 2. 2k is junk, and it came out about 2 years ago, so why bother??? The bugs and many, many gameplay glitches in 2K make it totally inferior. Why do i need to list them to make a point when we all know what they are??? They are well known and documented on MANY sites. Go look them up if you are in denial.

Class dismissed.

chef
I think you are refering to College Football 2k, I am talking about ESPN NFL 2k5, which came out LESS THAN 1 YEAR AGO. I can sit here and give you my opinion on why ESPN 2k5 was so great, but this is not a 2k5 forum. I want a solid comparison or two before, like mentioned above, I dish out an expensive 50 bucks. I admit it, I have been spoiled by an entire year of 19.99 sports games.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I was wondering the EXACT same thing tonight!

I had NCAA 06 in my hands tonight for the ps2, but then put it back. Came back to my place, plopped NCAA 2005 in for 1/2 a game of football. Then I put in NFL 2k5 for 1/2 a game of football. I have finally come to the conclusion that I can't play EA's brand of football anymore.

I am also wondering how different 06 plays from 2005: not just in terms of dropped passes and like, but in terms of player movement/interaction, def/off line play, QB releases, play fakes, etc. The same basic engine is there that I've been playing since 2002.

I'm going to wait and try to rent 06 before making a decision, but I may be done buying football games for this generation of consoles.

and Chef... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. 2k5 came out on 7/20/04 and I would LOVE to see this laundry list of "glitches" that you speak of! Don't just give the "look on the web if you don't know what I'm talking about"...I've read all that and personally think it's the best playing football game to date.

Sorry....back on topic

Go Badgers!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Thank you dbeth...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »