Home

changing conferences in dynasty?

This is a discussion on changing conferences in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Question changing conferences in dynasty?

one of the coolest things i found in '04 was that your school could get bumped up to a better conference if you dominated a small conference for a couple years...

i never had this happen in '05, but i also jumped around a lot until i got to a power conference team

so i'm wondering if anyone was able to take a team to a better conference in '05, or if anyone has done it in '06 already?? i'm guessing people aren't there yet in '06 but if you did it in '05 please let me know because i really want this feature to still be there!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: changing conferences in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
one of the coolest things i found in '04 was that your school could get bumped up to a better conference if you dominated a small conference for a couple years...

i never had this happen in '05, but i also jumped around a lot until i got to a power conference team

so i'm wondering if anyone was able to take a team to a better conference in '05, or if anyone has done it in '06 already?? i'm guessing people aren't there yet in '06 but if you did it in '05 please let me know because i really want this feature to still be there!!!
Haven't gotten that far in 06, but it was definitely still there in 05. You had to be at a non-BCS conference school to see it, though. I don't see why they would take it out in 06, but crazier things have happened. Hopefully it's still there.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Yah it was there in '04. I was Navy and after three years I got offered to replace Army in C-USA, but declined, in hopes of joining the Big East in the Future.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am still in my first season on 06, but I know you could be offered a new conference in 04 and 05. I guess since USF is in the Big East this year, I wouldn't be offered a different conference since the Big East has a share in the BCS.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

This is a bit off-topic, but what is a good conference to start in. I created a 2-star team and I want to begin in a lowly conference. I was going to start in the Big 12 but I want to start small. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would start in Conference USA. I think it would be perfect for a new team since the teams in there are not that tough, plus this year C-USA gets a championship game.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
This is a bit off-topic, but what is a good conference to start in. I created a 2-star team and I want to begin in a lowly conference. I was going to start in the Big 12 but I want to start small. Any suggestions?
Thanks guys, good to hear...

McNabb, I think the MAC is a pretty good place to start... in '04 i took Miami (OH) from there to the Big 10... probably my favorite dynasty i've ever done... that and last year when i was on a mission to save Nebraska from Callahan lol
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #8
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks......Steve and Zeke

I will look over those two conferences tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »