Home

Cables for better graphics??

This is a discussion on Cables for better graphics?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cables for better graphics??

Good looking everyone...I'll look into them
Old 07-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #10
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
I had the moster cables for ps2 they were like 70 bucks last year at best buy but they broke on me when i took them off of my tv.Im gonna go with the cheap sony ones this time.The moster cables are better not much but better imo.
Same thing happened to me. 2 of the prongs just fell out when I disconnected it from my TV. I was not happy.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #11
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
You can get the sony brand component hookups for 29.99 at best buy, although I did find them for 24.99 at Sam Goody. It will make a world of a difference, so I'd go for it. Good luck dude!
Just pick these up, I hope they help....They had another brand for 59.99 but thats a little to steep for a game that already cost 50.00 but needs help with graphics...

But thanks anyway yo...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

First things first do you have a HDTV? if not there is nothing you can possibly do to make it look better these games and the next gen are best viewed in HD.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
First things first do you have a HDTV? if not there is nothing you can possibly do to make it look better these games and the next gen are best viewed in HD.
Haha that first part of your statement just isn't true at all. On a regular tv, the differences between the standard A/V hookups and component cables is pretty incredible. HD is, of course, the best looking option, but even without it, there is still a huge difference.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #14
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Just pick these up, I hope they help....They had another brand for 59.99 but thats a little to steep for a game that already cost 50.00 but needs help with graphics...

But thanks anyway yo...
You made the right choice dude, there is no need in dropping 60 bucks for a set of cables, the sony brand ones work fine. So how does it look now??

Old 07-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #15
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

I have S-video and it is a lot sharper then the red white and yellow thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
What cables do I need to get to make this game look better? I bought the Ps2 version only becuz most of my friends still play them, otherwise I would have gotten the X-box version graphics are much more crisp. Ps2 looks so gritty....I thought I pulled out the old atari when I popped the game in yesterday....I had to watch a coupled of games just to let my eyes adjust...Then I put that bytch right back in the box...So what cables will make it look more crisp, this is a must for me to continue playing this game.
I posted this in another thread as well. Yes, upgrade to component cables. The standard Microsoft AV pack is just fine -- most likely you will not need Monster or expensive brands of cables.

All component cables carry an analog signal transmitted through three 75-ohm coaxial cables that are terminated with RCA, BNC or RF connectors. The term "digital video" is often used to describe component cables, however this is actually an "analog" display. These cables are simple devices, if you have them properly connected you will find that cheap cables are very unlikely to be bettered by expensive cables.

Expensive cables such as Monster can be better at reducing interference (especially over 20') and at keeping the S/N ratio high. Should you live in an area that has strong interferences which cause dropouts such as freeze frames, pixelization, etc. then better quality cables may help mitigate the problem. But if you are looking at a short connection length and live in a standard area, you will not notice a difference between the two. Really the only reason to purchase better cables is for the build quality. Expensive cables like Monster have very solid connectors with good strain relief. They are built like tanks and will last a lifetime

Ultimately, the decision is yours as to whether the more expensive cables are worth the cost. There are plenty of good valid reasons for buying expensive cables. Unfortunately, "better picture", "more accurate color representation", "cleaner signal" etc., are not among them.

Last edited by vgunn; 07-13-2005 at 07:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »