Home

Inflated passing stats

This is a discussion on Inflated passing stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Inflated passing stats

Has anyone come up with a solution that actually works to fix this problem? The only thing I thought about was dropping all of the qb pass accuracy ratings down a bit, but this doesn't work since recruits come in with pass accuracy ratings in the 90's. This is a huge problem for me and if there is no way of fixing it, I don't know what I will do. Please help!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Inflated passing stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Has anyone come up with a solution that actually works to fix this problem? The only thing I thought about was dropping all of the qb pass accuracy ratings down a bit, but this doesn't work since recruits come in with pass accuracy ratings in the 90's. This is a huge problem for me and if there is no way of fixing it, I don't know what I will do. Please help!
Theres nothing we can really do except for pray that EA is kind enough to send out disks like they did with Madden 04 but I highly doubt they would.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Have fun dropping all QB from 119 teams.......This was not intended to be done, if you change the rattings you will srew somthing up for sure during your dyanasty.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

My Experience:

Game 3 of my BYU dynasty. I started up on Varsity-default sliders, just to get the feel for the game. I played and beat Baylor handly, 51-16. Game two, it's cupcake city, smashing Weber State 52-8. And then, perhaps the game that will cause me to toss my copy into the trash.

Let me preface by saying that I watched my buddy for 3 games get lit up by opposing QBs in his dynasty and I just sat there laughing, thinking, man It can't be THAT hard to stop the pass. Well I was wrong.

Enter Texas Tech and their Fun-N-Gun offense. Well, this game was no fun for me. 4 quarters later, I was dismantled, 96-31. Yes, that's right, 96-31. I have never taken such a beating by the CPU. The problem I have is that no matter what pass defense I called, the CPU would just chuck it up and ALWAYS hit the deepest receiver and score. They ran the ball 13 times! Throwing some 44 odd times. Texas Tech's starting QB? 22-33, 615yds, 7Tds.

No matter what I did I could not stop the pass. I did appear to me that if you could get some pressure on the QB, that would slightly affect the outcomes of passing plays. I'm really discouraged by this...Is this happening due to the fact that I was on Varsity level? I mean, i was ready to throw my controller thru the TV.

Can anyone shed some light. Is the deep ball really a problem? I want to like this game and I did for 2 games. But it was just ridiculous to see that happen.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17

Can anyone shed some light. Is the deep ball really a problem? I want to like this game and I did for 2 games. But it was just ridiculous to see that happen.
There is no deep ball problem. How is it that some of us have the defective copies that allow us to use safeties to knock balls away?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

sportsguy312's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
There is no deep ball problem. How is it that some of us have the defective copies that allow us to use safeties to knock balls away?
I think in this years game you can't go for the INT every time. I was getting burned by the deep ball also until I started going for the knockdown.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I will state this again since no one commented on it in the glitch thread.

The problem has nothing to do with QB Accuracy. When simming quarterbacks simply aren't getting enough recorded *attempts*. It is because the *attempts* are so low that the accuracy is high, but more imporantly why the quarterback ratings are through the roof.

Short of a patch there is no fix for the quarterback problem. Even if someone figured out a way to fix the accuracy percentages the quarterback ratings would still be over 200.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #8
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

This game is good for 1 on 1 playing, either in person or online, but it is useless against the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »