Home

Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

must be nice lol
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042
I dont know how well this thread will do, but if you are like me, and get 10 drops a game, or your QB completion percentage is under %50 all the time, post it here. I have played 4 games, and my best reciever, 96 Overal, 98 Catching Ability, and he leads the nation in dropped balls with 11. The next closest guy is 3. I have a 90 Overal QB, with his accuracy at 90. He threw 7 INTS in one game. He has a 42% completion percentage. He leads recievers by like a mile, or throws the ball no where near the reciever. I have the sliders for QB accuracy like 80, and WR Catchin at 80, and they are stil garbage. I take control of the reciever, and I press "Y" to user catch, and I get like 3 user catchs a game, the rest of the time they just catch it, but mostly drop the ball. So if your WR's hands are made of stone, your WR couldnt catch a cold, or your WR plays like a pop-warner ******** kid, say it here. If your QB throws like he is stevie wonder, or if your QB completes as many pass's as Ryan Leaf, say it here.
Throwing 7 picks is the users fault.. all the pics I threw were bad passes in double coverage, that I didn't see.. I think some plays take too long too develop, & the deep ball % are still too high.. The only real downer is the mario running game.. Besides that I really can't knock the gameplay.. I think EA did excellent overall, compared to the awful blunder that made up 05.. Lets all preted that 05 was never released..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #35
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

i think you need to stop beeming the ball around like your farve. use some touch. and if your guy gets drilled, he SHOULD drop the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 AM   #36
Rookie

TooTall's Arena

OVR: 4

Hmmm... Maybe it has to do with the versions of the games.

I have a PS2 version and in the 20+ games I have played, I have only seen about 10-15 drops total. I really had no problem with it at all.

I went to a friends house and played the X-Box version and in one game, there were about 5-7 drops total. It was insane.

So I dunno really. I do feel for the people who have a problem with the passing game but for me, it's excellent.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:10 AM   #37
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Has anyone who's having passing problems tried turning off the composure stuff to see if it helps? I'm sure someone has, but was just wondering.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:34 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
i think you need to stop beeming the ball around like your farve. use some touch. and if your guy gets drilled, he SHOULD drop the ball.
The problem with that is that throwing the ball on a laser seems to be the only way to fit it between defensive players. Using any touch at all is just asking for someone to knock it down or pick it off...and I've played with a few different slider sets on both AA and Heisman with very similar results. It was like I was playing the same difficulty level.

Maybe I'm actually one of these people for whom the default sliders were made, or something. I haven't even tried them because they're usually such crap.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:26 AM   #39
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM
The problem with that is that throwing the ball on a laser seems to be the only way to fit it between defensive players. Using any touch at all is just asking for someone to knock it down or pick it off...and I've played with a few different slider sets on both AA and Heisman with very similar results. It was like I was playing the same difficulty level.

Maybe I'm actually one of these people for whom the default sliders were made, or something. I haven't even tried them because they're usually such crap.
then you need to learn how to read coverages, if its that tight of a spot he's obviously not open and your forcing it.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:23 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 15

ive played primarily online ranked games, so AA level default sliders. I have 20 games under my belt and really really really dont see a dropped ball "problem". the guys drop the ball every now and then but it seems totally fine for me. I think that a drop online hurts a lot more (therefore being more noticeable) than a drop against the CPU cause you want to win more, and i havent ever been like "man if i didnt have those BS drops!" . Im 10-10 too so its not like im winning every game.

If you watch an actual college football game, they dont catch every pass. Hell even in the NFL guys drop wide open touchdown passes. in Ncaa 2006 A lot of it has to do with NOT firing every ball, esp. close passes.

Think of it this way: There are very very little uncatchable balls that leave the QBs hand when you throw. The reciever almost always has a shot at the ball unless you are hit or scrambling or something. This isnt very realistic. In the NFL (let alone college again) id say like 40-50% of deep balls thrown (im probably over exaggerating), are over or underthrown so much that the reciever cant get to them, or has to make a spectacular play. Id be willing to say that in NCAA 2006, less than 5-10% of all balls thrown, are thrown so poorly there is no chance to catch them.

That leaves a large number of balls for the reciever to catch, it would only be natural to see more drops since you dont see more poorly thrown balls.

Think of it this way: would you want it to be a crapshoot everytime you pass the ball as to whether or not it will be close to the reciever? I think it would be way more frustrating (not to mention boring) in a videogame sense, to have more times where you are screwed from the moment the ball leaves your hand, then at least having the reciever have the oppurtunity to get his hands on the ball

I cant see how throwing 7 picks is the games fault, there really isnt any way to justify that statement.

Quote:
The problem with that is that throwing the ball on a laser seems to be the only way to fit it between defensive players. Using any touch at all is just asking for someone to knock it down or pick it off...
I cant see why this is a problem. The opposite of this situation would be having the defense not being able to effect the offense what so ever. The passing game would essentially be a random number generator.

In ncaa 2005 i could understand this because the defense was able to get at the ball in the air on almost any play, because they pulled off some rediculous moves that wouldnt be remotely possible in real life. since the DB's, LB's etc are way more toned down this year i dont see the problem

Last edited by Bears_16_and_0; 07-15-2005 at 07:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »