Home

Anyone else gone back to the 2005 Controller Configuration?

This is a discussion on Anyone else gone back to the 2005 Controller Configuration? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Anyone else gone back to the 2005 Controller Configuration?

I had to go back to the 2005 for defense. Moving the player switch button to "B" has really messed me up this year. It just doesnt feel comfortable and it was drastically slowing my reaction times down for player switching. Anyone else have to change that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Anyone else gone back to the 2005 Controller Configuration?

I did. I may eventually try to learn the new ones, but for now I'm sticking to the 2005 controls.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
I did. I may eventually try to learn the new ones, but for now I'm sticking to the 2005 controls.
It just feels more natural to leave it as the "A" button for player switching. I dont know why they felt the need to change it to "B" unless it was to make "A" sprint for both offense and defense both, but it just doesnt feel right on defense without "A" being player switch. My only gripe is you cant just customize those two buttons and leave everything else be, you have to either choose the '06 way or the '05 way, no custom way.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

at first i didnt like it, but i think i now play much better defense than i used too.... i suggest you try and do your best to learn the new controls. i do believe they are improved
Old 07-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

spiverod's Arena

OVR: 1

I did too. The B button and the jukes moving to the R stick were killing me. I changed after I lost to the stinkin' gators 17-14. Those Wyoming Cowboys put up a good fight anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

chadmjkrause's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
It just feels more natural to leave it as the "A" button for player switching. I dont know why they felt the need to change it to "B" unless it was to make "A" sprint for both offense and defense both, but it just doesnt feel right on defense without "A" being player switch. My only gripe is you cant just customize those two buttons and leave everything else be, you have to either choose the '06 way or the '05 way, no custom way.
I wholeheartedly agree! I just couldn't get used to sprint not being on B and then during the play I'd switch players rather than sprinting into them for a tackle. I was getting killed, so I switched back. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess! I do like the idea of the lineman moves on the right analog stick though....

CMJK
Old 07-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

ive stuck with the 2005 controls, i still play madden 05 online and i dont want to have 2 different control configs to use.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-14-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmjkrause
I wholeheartedly agree! I just couldn't get used to sprint not being on B and then during the play I'd switch players rather than sprinting into them for a tackle. I was getting killed, so I switched back. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess! I do like the idea of the lineman moves on the right analog stick though....

CMJK
Having the sprint button be A is just common sense. Having it be the same for both sides of the ball is not only easier, but civilized. I'm glad they changed it to be like every other game !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »