Home

Impact Player Rocks!!!

This is a discussion on Impact Player Rocks!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Impact Player Rocks!!!

Man my star safety made a crucial play on 3rd down and stripped the ball. He was in the zone so I sent him on a blitz. He ran by the RB and striped the ball.

it was tight.

Anybody had any good impact player situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Impact Player Rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles167
Man my star safety made a crucial play on 3rd down and stripped the ball. He was in the zone so I sent him on a blitz. He ran by the RB and striped the ball.

it was tight.

Anybody had any good impact player situations.
It might not be that great but I thought it was awesome. I was using Bush with Lousville in a game against Kentucky. I was on the 5 yard line and Bush was in the zone. He had one of the most beast runs i had ever seen. 4 broken tackles and then got stood up at the goaline and pushed the defender through with him.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_Wulfpack
It might not be that great but I thought it was awesome. I was using Bush with Lousville in a game against Kentucky. I was on the 5 yard line and Bush was in the zone. He had one of the most beast runs i had ever seen. 4 broken tackles and then got stood up at the goaline and pushed the defender through with him.
In my season with ND....I had my RB in the zone and she broke a hug run on 3rd down to get us a first down. I am loving the close up/zoom when your player is in the zone.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

i have two good ones playing D as Iowa (abdul hodge MLB #52, and chad greenway OLB #18, ). both online.

One was a couple days ago when Abdul Hodge stripped the other guys HB on a dive up the middle when he was running out the clock around my 10 yard line and the ball got returned 88 yards for a TD to tie the game.

One was earlier tonight/today , chad greenway was in the zone and i have him in as a DE or whatever in dime formation. On a pass in a close game, greenway sacked the qb and forced a fumble. The offense picked it up, but i switched to a DB and used the r stick and got a user strip on the guy that picked up the ball, then i ran it back for a td =)
Old 07-15-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was doing my RFTH with my RB and had gotten an offer from Georgia. The QB #4 I believe (off the top of my head I'm in my senior year already in RFTH) and it was 53-49, and I needed a big play with 12 seconds left in the game. I was playing LSU. I started to scramble from LSU's 32 and headed towards the endzone, I saw a defender coming from my right so I hit down on the right thumbstick, and the camera slowed down and showed me dropping back, avoiding a tackle, and then another defender came, and I sidestepped him, and dove for 6! (all this was in one motion, or impact move or w/e you wanna call it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

Im kindof a fan of the impact player too. As an unseen feature, I thought it would be arcadey, but they did a good job with it. I dont have a problem with a guy getting extra skills during the game based on how he is performing. They didnt over do it. Its perfect.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I play as central michigan, and one of my impact players is my ss. He never really does anything worthwhile.

My qb and rb, however, perform nicely.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

I use OSU, and AJ Hawk is one of their playmakers.

- vs. Texas
- ahead 14-6 with 3:30 left in the fourth
- Texas has the ball 1st and goal on my five yard line

1st down: Pass to the flats - AJ makes the tackle at the three.
2nd down: Goal line formation end around - AJ sheds a block and makes the hit in the backfield.
3rd down: Young passes to the right side of the screen - AJ steps in front of it and picks it off.

Totals for the game: 12 tackles/1 sack/1 INT

Very cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »