Home

How can I help the cpu stop qb running?

This is a discussion on How can I help the cpu stop qb running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
How can I help the cpu stop qb running?

I use Penn State and Mike Robinson has 87 speed. On AA I can run him 100% of the plays and win easily. In 6 min quarters, he had 764 yards rushing against VTech. I moved up to heisman, but I still get about 9 yards a carry with my QB. I need some balance to where I can't scramble that easy but I still have a real running game. I know, I know......."don't run with your qb and problem solved". That's not a solution. That's me pretending the game has solid A.I. Knowing you can get a first down when ever you need it totallly sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: How can I help the cpu stop qb running?

I hate to say it but...don't run with your QB.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

csavage's Arena

I have found the 4-4 defense when used the right way will shut down almost any running game. Don't get caught in a passing situation though.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Slider improvements to the Defenses Awareness and Break Block will improve the CPU AI and allow for a more reasonable gain of 4-6 per carry than the outrageous numbers you are putting up...

Possibly lowering Human Run blocking on the sliders will help also...

9 yards per carry for your QB on Heisman? Kudos to you my friend...
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

[quote=Troller]I use Penn State and Mike Robinson has 87 speed. On AA I can run him 100% of the plays and win easily. In 6 min quarters, he had 764 yards rushing against VTech. I moved up to heisman, but I still get about 9 yards a carry with my QB. I need some balance to where I can't scramble that easy but I still have a real running game. I know, I know......."don't run with your qb and problem solved". That's not a solution. That's me pretending the game has solid A.I. Knowing you can get a first down when ever you need it totallly sucks.[/QUOT

Leave the cpu qb's at the speed they are...... Now take your qb and drop his speed by 10 and his acc by 10 before you start your dynasty. You must also make sure your other qb's are also adjusted. If your backups have 70's in speed then drop them to high 60's. The house rules you must use for this to work is when recruiting a qb you must look at his ratings before you recruit him and make sure he doesn't have higher then a 80 in accel and speed.. You will find that you can still get your swerve on, but not close to every play.... Also make sure that if your playing on All-American, then awr should be 99 and break blocks for cpu. Check my settings on the post about playing between all-american and heisman....Give it a shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #6
Banned

Thanks for the info. Lowering my qb by just ten points made a huge difference in beating the linebackers to the sidelines with my qb. I now have to actually run a real offense. Now if I can lower the one on one deep ball percentage to around 20%...................

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »