Home

Playaction Rendered Worthless?

This is a discussion on Playaction Rendered Worthless? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #9
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Playaction Rendered Worthless?

If you keep pounding the ball down their throats and then go to the PA when they are expecting a run, it should work fine. Haven't really had any problems with this.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #10
*ns*rt W*tty T*tl* H*r*

Hellfish76's Arena

OVR: 13

It only works in situations where the CPU thinks you might actually be running. For example, on 3rd and Long a play action isn't believable while on second and short it works extremely well.

Sometimes it works wonderfully and sometimes in just gets eaten up, just like real football.
You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it! You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! -The Tick

Play Ultimate!
Old 07-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah PAs are nasty for the offense if they are blitzing their LBs

However, if you catch them in a cover 2 zone - and one of the safties bites - well, hello touchdown : )

so i think its a good risk/reward situation, you might get sacked (esp if your oline isnt up to keeping the front 4 off of you) or you might nab a big play. I like it this way.

Last edited by MeSlayer; 07-15-2005 at 06:46 PM. Reason: edited for clairty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Using certain posted sliders, PA was virtually worthless, but an adjustment to pass blocking will do the trick.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

I see what your saying but I have not had a big problem with it.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

I'm not having any problems using the PA.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
acw
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish76
It only works in situations where the CPU thinks you might actually be running. For example, on 3rd and Long a play action isn't believable while on second and short it works extremely well.

Sometimes it works wonderfully and sometimes in just gets eaten up, just like real football.
I am not a moron that would call a playaction pass on 3rd and 10. I play a style of offense very similar to that run by Joe Gibbs in the 1980's (ironic since I am a Cowboys fan): empahsis on power running and ball control and, in the passing game, an emphasis on protection and playaction. I usually have only two or receivers running their route on any given play, the rest in protection.

Even, when I rip off three or four nice runs, and leave everybody but 2 or 3 guys back in protection, it seems like I am invariably sacked on any playaction attempt. I guess I am just going to have to bump up the pass block sliders to make this a bit more realistic.

By the way, rollouts are no good for me. Sexton is too slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am having no trouble with the PA passing. In fact, i think it is better than any previous version. Also, i love how the screens and the draw plays develop this year...again, i think it is the best in the series. Again, it always helps to call the plays at the right time. just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »