Home

This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

This is a discussion on This game is almost unplayable.....(passing) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #17
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

dude is right about the short/intermediate passing game. the cb bump is too effective in throwing recievers off their routes, and it takes the wrs a good 5 seconds to get into a space where you can deliver them the ball, and by that time the qb has d linemen breathing down his neck. the middle of the field is busy and it's hard to see who is open and what the lbs are doing. on '04 and '05, i lived by the short passing game (i even survived the dropsies on '05), but this game has me turning to the running game and throwing about 10-12 passes a game. that said, i'm still loving it.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:57 PM   #18
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

I love these people who are constantly making excuses for the horrible passing game. "Fix the sliders", "You must suck" and "Use a better QB" are not excuses. Just live with the fact that, for the second year in a row, EA ruined the passing game.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:59 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by persay
aight i think im just about done with this game....i dont what EA doesnt understand about making thier passing game like maddens.....oh wow you wanna make them different well dont madden is more polished and they fail to make NCAA the same. Hawaii gets 3 straight long passes in double coverage....and when i try to do the same, i get picked....in the most important part of the game. wtf was Hawaii ranked 115 in my 2nd year if there just gonna be so great at defense and offense....this is ridiculous.....its only good if you have a scrambling QB....you can run around then pass.....but this **** is nearly impossible with a pocket QB.....and they dont stop cheese online....its ****ing ********. i wanted so long for this game, and just ends up being stupid. the only people who think this is the best game ever are the EA dicksuckers who force themselves to enjoy the gamn. in reality, they fail to make this game realistc. Safites on one side of the field can no contribute to knocking down a long pass on the other side of the field....they cant....theres no reason why they should in the game. say i suck, ill proly beat any of you online, the problem is this game.
Is summer vacation almost over yet?
Old 07-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
I love these people who are constantly making excuses for the horrible passing game. "Fix the sliders", "You must suck" and "Use a better QB" are not excuses. Just live with the fact that, for the second year in a row, EA ruined the passing game.
Sorry you're so angry. I never said anyone sucked, but hell at least turn up the catching and QB ACC slider all the way up and see what happens? Takes less time then making a quality post on OS doesn't it? If you really don't want to tweak the sliders at all then it's probably not the game for you.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

the running game is pretty mastered.....i mean alot of RB's avg like 6 yards a carry in college....which is what most people say they are getting. but the short passing game has ruined this game. it makes me mad because this game is the best NCAA ever, or it could be inthe passing wasnt so bad. i hate it because i look at the game and think of the fun i could be having.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Takes less time then making a quality post on OS doesn't it
LMAO!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
I just had the Arizona ST QB go 28-40 for 445 yards on me. Buuuut I have tweaked sliders. Don't quit until you give the sliders a chance. You'll miss out, believe me.
i tried yours, and AA's. I adjusted both to fit my needs. still doesnt work. it will work for about 1 quarter, then all hell brakes loose and it goes back to the same old stupid ****. Madden has always been better polished to me. No stupid flakey catches and drops and triple coverage long completed passes. I know im missing out, i felt i was missing out last year. i dont got the time to make my own perfect sliders, and i wont attempt it, because it seems like the passing problem is a permanent flaw, not one that could be fixed with sliders.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #24
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Sorry you're so angry. I never said anyone sucked, but hell at least turn up the catching and QB ACC slider all the way up and see what happens? Takes less time then making a quality post on OS doesn't it? If you really don't want to tweak the sliders at all then it's probably not the game for you.
Actually, I have been using YOUR Version 2 sliders all day today, and have gotten some ridiculous games. I beat ECU 82-7 with my 2006 Hokies, even though I struggled to complete 50 percent of my passes (thank god CPU safeties are so incredibly stupid, I was able to eat them alive with screen passes and option runs). I honestly saw a safety stand 8 yards deep in the end zone while I was in the open field with my QB, and the guy didn't even move until my QB had ran 15 yards down the field to the 5 yard line, before the safety finally came up and was easily confused as all hell by a simple juke move.

Underneath passing in this game is next to impossible. If it's not speedy slot receivers gaining zero seperation against linebackers, it's TE's breaking off 5 yard curl routes and leaving the OLB with an easy pick, or defensive ends doing their best Juilius Peppers routine and batting the ball into the air and intercepting it.

I've had this game since July 7th, and every day, the CPU finds some way to piss me off to unimaginable levels. I love seeing 74 rated WR's from Ohio University sky up into the air and pull down passes between 5 defenders, who are all "swatting" at the ball by simply raising their hands up to their damn noses. Hey guys, ever hear of JUMPING? Oh, and then on the next 2 plays, that same WR will drop 2 wide open passes, then catch another 50 yard bomb in between 2 guys.

Rant over. Commence with you "You are just a sucky player" or "If you hate the game, return it." Well, if I could get my damn money back, I would.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »