Home

Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA?

This is a discussion on Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA?

another terrible thread, i dont understand ppl who talk about having problems adjusting to a new game, here's an idea.........

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Geesh!!!!!

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck
With me it is the fast movement, incomprehensible action, and above all, the feel that no matter what I do, the game is going to play with its own will. I get sick of seeing one receiver steal the ball from three defenders and motions that are like Super Mario. (Oops I forgot, his circle is glowing.) I truly miss ESPN and will not buy Madden this year, if EA is going full tilt arcade.
A reviewer on this board noted the differences between the two franchises and he hit it on the head. EA = Arcade. We that love true sim and strategy football have nothing to look forward to.
You need to realize both EA/VC made arcade football titles.. Both titles never offered us true strategy, infact VC had more bugs then Madden.. Both are fun to play, & both are severly dumbed down to the Attention deficit population that wants a quick score on every possesion..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #11
MVP

[quote=Spin]another terrible thread, i dont understand ppl who talk about having problems adjusting to a new game, here's an idea.........

But practice takes effort, they'd rather use their free time complaining..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
i played NCAA for a little bit last year, but ultimately i got rid of it because i enjoyed ESPN NFL 2k5 so much. since crying over spilled milk isn't really my thing, i decided to pick up NCAA06 because i was itching for a new football game and to help me get adjusted to EA football titles. i think that the game is very good, but there's a lot of things i'm having problems with.

Running: one thing i liked about ESPN was how lovely it was to find a hole and bust out for a nice run. in NCAA i'm not really getting that same feeling because when i do see a hole i usually get stuck on one of my guys trying to break through it. the only way i can really pick up any yards on the ground is by running to the left or right because i can't seem to exploit gaps in the middle.

Playing Manual Coverage on a Reciever:
my absolute favorite thing to do in football games is man up on a reciever myself and snatch the ball from him. this was fun to do in ESPN, but the physics in NCAA make this pretty impossible for me because i simply can't stay with my guys off the line. another reason this is hard is because of the camera options. since i'm unable to see the whole field from the line of scrimmage, i can't select an outside corner and man up because i don't know where the reciever is until he's several yards down the field and into the cameras view. so i'm pretty much forced to play zone D whenever i want to control my defensive backs.

Defending The Deep Bomb: honestly, this is really the only major problem i'm having right now. it seems that no matter what i do, i usually get burned on the deep pass. when it's one on one coverage i'd say 2/10 times i get the tip or int, and the other 8 the guy catches it. i switch over to do it myself, but even when it seems like i'm in position i still get torched. this isn't a big deal when playing the computer, but when playing online this is a pain in the ***. i got my first taste of Texas the other night and it wasn't pretty. the guy i played either ran for his life with Young, or bought enough time to bomb it down the field with him. the game lost any fun that it may have had because of it.

Tackling: this is just something that i'm going to have to get used to over time. i think the system in NCAA is pretty good, i'm just so used to ESPN's that i'm making a lot of mistakes because of that familiarity.

No Time to Pass (Online):i seem to be playing a lot of guys online that give me virtually no time to throw the ball whatsoever because the pass rush is just rediculous. it seems like as soon as i drop back i'm staring at the sky. if anybody has any ways to combat it i'd appreciate it. i've already given up on play action passing because of it lol.

despite the problems i'm having right now i'm really enjoying this game. EA didn't seem to make huge changes to it, but it made enough minor ones that it improved the game a lot. i'm still not sure if i'm going to buy Madden on Xbox with the 360 version around the corner, but i'll cross that bridge when i get there. but...um... yeah, are any ESPNers experiencing any of the problems that i am? and have any of you improved or learned to correct these problems?

Yeah.. The running game is the achiles heel (SP) of all EA football titles.. & the pass rush is a bit extreme, but managable with straight players..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Old 07-17-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

ive never found ea sports games to have consistant running in the middle of the field, i always have to run to the left or right to gain yards. everytime i try running in the middle i get stuck behind a lineman, and only rarely get yardage straight up the gut
Old 07-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

i could've seriously done without the sarcasm and comments that a couple of you made. it seems like the majority of the threads on this forum is filled with this kind of thing and it really brings down the board. if a topic doesn't apply to you, just leave it alone.

this thread was simply to pose a question and to highlight a few things that i'm having trouble with. i just wanted to get a perspective from people who played ESPN 2k5 a lot last year so i'd know if they were having similar problems as i am now. maybe i was the only one... heck, i didn't know. this thread wasn't meant to stir up any kind of debate or anything like that.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:56 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
another terrible thread, i dont understand ppl who talk about having problems adjusting to a new game, here's an idea.........

Geesh!!!!!
Seriously, Spin, that was uncalled for. The original post in this thread was a great one and I'm sure many people can relate. Not once did it bash the game and clearly isn't intended to point out it's faults but looking for potential solutions from others in the same boat. Basically you are joining in and bringing the thread down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMurdock311
You mean kinda like it was in ESPN when you had your moves powered up all the way? =P

And I am not trying to start a fight.. just pointing that out!! =P
EXACTLY!!! But it's only a problem to these people now because it's a ea game lol these fanboys kill me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »