Home

Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA?

This is a discussion on Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Any ESPNers having problems adjusting to NCAA?

the things i liked most about 2k5 was that the qb would roll out by itself and not automatically pass (something which happens sometimes in ncaa, they should have made that an option) and the run blocking was pretty good. the running in ncaa is there, and is easy but you still run into lineman often, and the feel still isnt there
Old 07-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
the things i liked most about 2k5 was that the qb would roll out by itself and not automatically pass (something which happens sometimes in ncaa, they should have made that an option) and the run blocking was pretty good. the running in ncaa is there, and is easy but you still run into lineman often, and the feel still isnt there
what is it that causes the qb to automatically pass? this has happened to me a few times and everytime it does the cpu throws a pick
Old 07-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

nothing causes it, the problem is there's nothing to stop it. on offense the only thing you really HAVE to control is hiking the ball. if you don't touch anything the qb will drop back/roll out for you, pass for you, the rb will run for you, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #36
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondada30
To the original poster:

I, like yourself am having a tough time adjusting to the game. The last EA football game i bought was ncaa 2004 so its been a little while since i've played with the EA controls.

It does take some getting used to and having played about 5 games this weekend on AA, i think i'll have to take it down a notch until i'm reacting naturally when i'm playing instead of thinking about reacting if that makes sense.

I'm getting burnt on bombs and missing tackles left and right. I havent played online so i havent experienced the pass rush as of yet. Anyways, i think practice and more practice is what's needed. Although it hurts my ego to take my difficulty down a notch, that's probably the best thing to do. i can see the potential for this game to be a lot of fun once i get the hang of the controls and movements. i had the same experience when i switched over to ESPN..

Btw folks i'm not trying to start a flame war either...
lol. i'm thinking i might have to go down to AA myself. i was playing on heisman and just getting worked and varsity was a bit to easy. great game, but yeah it's frustrating so far.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
nothing causes it, the problem is there's nothing to stop it. on offense the only thing you really HAVE to control is hiking the ball. if you don't touch anything the qb will drop back/roll out for you, pass for you, the rb will run for you, etc.
yes...it's in madden but not as bad...seems in ncaa it's worse...not sure if it's used so people are forced to control instead of letting the cpu play...if that's the case it penalizes the regular player too much. i wish someone can get an explanation from EA on this one. there are too many times that even though u attempt to take the qb it still takes and throws.....usually screws up a third down play which is just not fair.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Running game is a hell of a lot different then ESPN but give me a week or two..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »