Home

stopping the pass...

This is a discussion on stopping the pass... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #17
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: stopping the pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
What I'm trying to say is no matter the play 4-3 Thunder Green will stop it.
Hmmm.... I'll check this out tonight.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #18
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Well here is something that worked drastically for me.

Early in the year, I played Iowa and it was the biggest shootout I ever played, the final was me winning by 7, i dont remember the exact score but mine was in the 80s and theirs 70s.

Due to some crazy bowl assingments, I played them again in the Sugar Bowl. Drew Tate led the #6 passing attack in the nation. However this time, without changing any sliders, I held their offense under 200 yards all game, and they did not score any offensive points.

I did several things differently the second time. Granted I am Ohio State and have a fairly good D Line (which really started to gel at the end of the year, so take all OSU DL and add about 2 to their overall), but I was able to just drop most LBs back into coverage all game. I did plenty of shifts with the DL and LB, as well as mixing up the coverages. Always have the safeties in cover 2 is what I learned, it helped massively. As said before, when it comes to the deep ball (hopefully you should at least have one guy down near the ball), a little bumpage is needed. Also, dont try for INTs, take more chances on the shorter passes than the deep ball. Mix the defense up so they dont constantly take advantage of zone or man coverage, and send different blitzes throughout the game. I had the Iowa line so confused all game, sometimes it was a LB coming in, others it was a CB, or S.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #19
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Hmmm.... I'll check this out tonight.
I tried it out just a while ago and it worked. 4-3 Thunder Green is great when u bring up the blitzing LBs.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I tried the theory on "blitz and dont let the qb have time to throw a deep ball" yea 621 yards passing for Texas Tech, I controlled the FS and tried to wait for errant passes, but the kept throwing short and making my guys miss. Oh well, I guess practice makes perfect.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #21
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I tried the theory on "blitz and dont let the qb have time to throw a deep ball" yea 621 yards passing for Texas Tech, I controlled the FS and tried to wait for errant passes, but the kept throwing short and making my guys miss. Oh well, I guess practice makes perfect.

Did you use the 4-3 Thunder Green? If you did, controlling the safety is a no no on this formation unless you are good enough at spotting the ball and swatting it down before the WR can catch it. I recommend being one of the blitzing LBs or one of the outside DEs. Bring both blitzing LBs to the line/hole where they are supposed to blitz as well. I found great success in doing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »