Home

I found a way to stop the deep ball

This is a discussion on I found a way to stop the deep ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #9
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: I found a way to stop the deep ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
College football players do have the ability to throw and catch the deep ball, and it happens a lot. So I wouldn't want it out of the game altogether, 3-4 td's does sound high though.
If they didn't score a TD everytime I wouldn't have a problem. However when I try to make a play, my safety does some stupid animation that takes him out of the play and the guy just runs it in for the TD. I probably need to learn how to defend better.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
If they didn't score a TD everytime I wouldn't have a problem. However when I try to make a play, my safety does some stupid animation that takes him out of the play and the guy just runs it in for the TD. I probably need to learn how to defend better.

I dont know I have been playing this series since it came out and I am having the most trouble this year with the deep ball. I mean it is less frequent compared to last year, but this year it just seems like the WR jumps higher than the DB everytime. Also seems like the WR is 7 feet tall and my DB is 5 feet tall, but I guess most WR are taller than the DB's but still making consistent catches in triple coverage. I dunno but I love the game, just frustrated after playing Texas Tech last night. They only ran the ball twice, which is like the do in real life, but the killed me in the passing game.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
College football players do have the ability to throw and catch the deep ball, and it happens a lot. So I wouldn't want it out of the game altogether, 3-4 td's does sound high though.
It's not that they catch it but rather a LOT of times the DB's just flat out don't react to the ball at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Re: I found a way to stop the deep ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It's not that they catch it but rather a LOT of times the DB's just flat out don't react to the ball at all.

I don't think the players react at all in this game. I've seen so many times where the DB, WR, LB, OL just sit there and watch the ball hit them, defender run around them, running back run by them..........etc...............

Every year, same crap, different way to implement it...........
Old 07-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I think that is the best answer.

I am awful at defending it as well.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

My biggest problem is that even when I'm in position (I always play FS), I still get beat because when I press either the catch button or the swa button, the guy does some jacked-up, try to catch the ball inches off the ground with his fingertips, animation instead of swatting the ball out of the air.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I dont know I have been playing this series since it came out and I am having the most trouble this year with the deep ball. I mean it is less frequent compared to last year, but this year it just seems like the WR jumps higher than the DB everytime. Also seems like the WR is 7 feet tall and my DB is 5 feet tall, but I guess most WR are taller than the DB's but still making consistent catches in triple coverage. I dunno but I love the game, just frustrated after playing Texas Tech last night. They only ran the ball twice, which is like the do in real life, but the killed me in the passing game.
I played Marshall in my Southern Miss Dynasty last night and had to play in the Dime for the whole game. I do think the AI is a lot smarter this year though. The computer starting running from those 4 wide formations after I zoned and double teamed both wide outs constantly.

The comeback code is definitely in the game because I had gone up by 17 pts over Marshall but in the 4th quarter, they could do no wrong in the passing game. They were catching everything. I was like, why didn't they do this the whole game. They ran out of time though.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 07-19-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I played Marshall in my Southern Miss Dynasty last night and had to play in the Dime for the whole game. I do think the AI is a lot smarter this year though. The computer starting running from those 4 wide formations after I zoned and double teamed both wide outs constantly.
I'll agree with you there. Somehow, 3 games into the season, Baylor had the #5 offense in the nation, and their QB was #1 in passing yards, and when I played them, I was in nickel and zone all game, and then he started running draws on me and picking up 15 yards a carry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »