Home

I found a way to stop the deep ball

This is a discussion on I found a way to stop the deep ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: I found a way to stop the deep ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
If they didn't score a TD everytime I wouldn't have a problem. However when I try to make a play, my safety does some stupid animation that takes him out of the play and the guy just runs it in for the TD. I probably need to learn how to defend better.
Learn to hit that WR. I make guys drop balls a lot. You can swatt them down too. Go back to the replays sometime guys...see if you truly got beat down field.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think I've found the answer to the deep ball problem. Theres 2 kind of 1-1 deep balls, the one where your in front and your in back. If your in front of the WR think of it as being basketball and box him out, don't really push him just slow down enough so you will be the only one who gets to the circle.

When you behind the guy is when most people get burned the most. They press L1 while still running back as the WR jumps TOWARDS the ball. He cuts infront of the fading defender and makes the catch. To compensate this try pressing L1 to tip the pass but at the last second, go towards the pass. It seems wierd but think about it. On stop routes WR's comeback to the ball so the CB wont pick it, they block the DB with there back. In defending the bomb its the same thing. You will be jumping towards the ball to tip it as hes jumping towards the ball to catch it. Go into practice mode and experiment with this. There still will be bombs thrown but it will seem more realistic.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #19
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I played Marshall in my Southern Miss Dynasty last night and had to play in the Dime for the whole game. I do think the AI is a lot smarter this year though. The computer starting running from those 4 wide formations after I zoned and double teamed both wide outs constantly.

The comeback code is definitely in the game because I had gone up by 17 pts over Marshall but in the 4th quarter, they could do no wrong in the passing game. They were catching everything. I was like, why didn't they do this the whole game. They ran out of time though.

um, that's football ........ momentum plays a big part...... how many times have you been sitting on your couch watching a game and yelling at the screen saying why didn't my team do this the whole game? happens all the time doesn't necessarily mean there is a comeback cheat..... .it happens in sports/football all the time.

guys, quit whining and figure out how to get better at the game....the game isn't broken, u just aren't very good.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
um, that's football ........ momentum plays a big part...... how many times have you been sitting on your couch watching a game and yelling at the screen saying why didn't my team do this the whole game? happens all the time doesn't necessarily mean there is a comeback cheat..... .it happens in sports/football all the time.

guys, quit whining and figure out how to get better at the game....the game isn't broken, u just aren't very good.
dude, who's whining? Momentum my ***! I had the momentum, the game was basically over! I guess this "momentum" has been in EA games a long time. How do I do from pretty much dominating them defensively, sending them on a string of 3 and outs in the second half to, can't stop anything they did? I had done it for 3 quarters and the beginning of the 4th. You telling me the light bulb went off and they finally figured me out? Get the hell out of here witht that! I understand what momentum is, I know what it is. What the CPU does in desperation is not momentum, especially when nothing occured in the game that would have given them momentum. There was no turnover, no big hit, etc. The AI cheats, especially on Heisman at times.

By the way, I am 8-1 in my dynasty only losing to Alabama by a TD the 2nd game of the season when I was still getting used to this year's game. Since, I've beat Louisville and N.C. State, both teams were ranked in the top ten, so learning how to play the game is not a problem.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 07-19-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #21
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH7
Interesting, I have found that dropping your DB's back before the snap and playing zone has worked fairly well for me - it allows your deep DB's to actually have the play in front of them instead of chasing all the time - ie the safety is actually deeper than the WR and can step up to make a play. When I don't drop them deep, it seems too often that they get behind the WR and chase along with the CB allowing passes over the top (lousy AI again).
yep, i'm playing on default hiesman, and i drop my dbs back too, and this has helped a whole lot. especially on 2nd and 3rd and long, the cpu won't go deep if the dbs are backed off, and they'll check off and go underneath. i still get beat deep maybe once a game b/c i don't drop back on 1st down b/c of the run, but it hasn't been near as bad as it was when i played either straight up or bump and run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
dude, who's whining? Momentum my ***! I had the momentum, the game was basically over! I guess this "momentum" has been in EA games a long time. How do I do from pretty much dominating them defensively, sending them on a string of 3 and outs in the second half to, can't stop anything they did? I had done it for 3 quarters and the beginning of the 4th. You telling me the light bulb went off and they finally figured me out? Get the hell out of here witht that! I understand what momentum is, I know what it is. What the CPU does in desperation is not momentum, especially when nothing occured in the game that would have given them momentum. There was no turnover, no big hit, etc. The AI cheats, especially on Heisman at times.

By the way, I am 8-1 in my dynasty only losing to Alabama by a TD the 2nd game of the season when I was still getting used to this year's game. Since, I've beat Louisville and N.C. State, both teams were ranked in the top ten, so learning how to play the game is not a problem.
There is no question in my mind that there is cheating by the CPU. I have been winning games fine until late in the game and suddenly the CPU Roboqb starts making throws out of his a**. I have seen my quarterback drop back to pass only when I press a button to pass he would duck into the back of his linemen and get sacked. I believe there is a cheat code in there somewhere.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #23
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
There is no question in my mind that there is cheating by the CPU. I have been winning games fine until late in the game and suddenly the CPU Roboqb starts making throws out of his a**. I have seen my quarterback drop back to pass only when I press a button to pass he would duck into the back of his linemen and get sacked. I believe there is a cheat code in there somewhere.
I agree, there's times when I'm up big and the game goes into cheat mode. 2 days ago in my dyansty, I was up by 28 points in the third quarter. Then I fumbled 4 straight times. On 4 consecutive posesions, so the CPU scored TD's off of those fumbels. But luckily Iwon by 3. The four scores they caught up with were all big playes when I completely outplayed then in every aspect of the game. By the way I won 45-42 with USC and it was against Pitt.

Last edited by Shadow; 07-19-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #24
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

i'm glad you know what momentum is...

now, in sports when teams are down and out they try desperation out of the norm things to do whatever they can to get back into the game......that's all i'm saying.......you see it all the time.....it doesn't necessarily mean it's a computer cheat.....in real life players aren't robots, they make mistakes....so just because you were shutting down someone for 3 quarters doesn't mean in the fourth the other team can't complete an 80 yard td pass.....maybe the corner slipped, who knows......all i'm saying is anything can happen in sports and i think that's what ea is portraying.....and if that's what you want to call cheating then fine i just look at it as the cpu is doing whatever it can to win and i need to find a way to stop them because a game isn't 3 quarters, it's 4.

good to know about your jr. varsity dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »