Home

Strange Passing Problem

This is a discussion on Strange Passing Problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Strange Passing Problem

Ok, I've searched the threads and couldn't find anything about this, so either I'm the only one having this problem or I'm just blind. Anyway- I'm in Race for the Heisman mode as a Scrambling QB. I was having some problems early, mostly from adjusting from 2k, but I'm getting the hang of it and have been overall impressed with the passing game. However, every once in a while, I will start to run a play, usually a Play Action it seems, before I have a chance to throw the ball, the QB (who I am supposed to be controlling) throws the ball to someone else entirely without any input from me- often costing me big plays. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a setting for this that I am unaware of? Or maybe am I just accidently pressing a button (the way I hold the controller, I could be brushing one of the left or right triggers, I suppose)? I have also noticed that if I manually move out of the pocket (roll out or take control of the drop-back) my created QB holds on to the ball until I tell him to. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Strange Passing Problem

If you do not press any button, the computer will through the ball for you to whatever receiver it wants. This is kinda like a "Coach" mode where you only pick plays and the computer handles the execution. Play action plays will sometimes force this on you because you let the computer go through the hand off animation itself. On these plays, just remember to move the analog stick back or something just so the computer doesn't take over for you.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

This will happen if you don't move or control the QB. The ocmputer takes over for him adn then runs the play. So if you move the analog stick or D pad during the play fake adn after you will establish ocntrol and he wil not throw one of his crappy passes for an interception.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

What an odd feature...far from game-breaking, though. After the tangible swing in momentum that snapped me out of a funk to beat South Carolina (as Georgia) on the final drive, it would take a lot for me to give up on this awesome game. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

its the same way on all running plays except for the option and QB draw........

even on option it will run itself it just will never pitch to the RB.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

actually it will pitch on the option and even do fake pitches every now and then. it's what people use for "coach mode" so it'd have to be able to do everything. it's also a good way to learn the flow of the game. i go into practice and let the cpu control plays for a while to see when to release the ball, how to react to certain situations, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »