Home

EA help me understand please.

This is a discussion on EA help me understand please. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #17
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA help me understand please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit
There are only electric spikes when you turn electrical products on and off. So the bill actually goes up by turning things on and off. Which is why we do not turn off the fridge. I belive the microwave uses the most electrical power.

I did the required research and found out my bill is lower when I shut my PC's surge protector all the way off after I finished. It was even lower when I did my entertainment center like that for a month. BUt I got sick of waiting for the guide channels to reload so I stopped with the entertainment center. As for the PC, I've shut the surge protector off for the past year or so and my bill has been considerably lower than when I left it on.

Before I started shutting the PC completely off, my bill hovered around 80-100 dollars each month. After I started doing it, it stays around 50 bucks or so a month. Not including summer when the AC is on. I haven't got over 80 bucks in a while now.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Holy crap! $30 a month. What the hell do you have running through that thing?

I've got an 800 watt power supply in my case, two monitors, my printer, a reciever, a TV, a cable box, and my computer speakers running through mine. I don't think I could use $30 a month if I sat there and turned it on and off 24 hours a day.

Might want to check into getting a new surge protector, because that is crazy. I've never heard of anyone using that much power.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Holy crap! $30 a month. What the hell do you have running through that thing?

I've got an 800 watt power supply in my case, two monitors, my printer, a reciever, a TV, a cable box, and my computer speakers running through mine. I don't think I could use $30 a month if I sat there and turned it on and off 24 hours a day.

Might want to check into getting a new surge protector, because that is crazy. I've never heard of anyone using that much power.

I donno, could be the state I live in or something. Maybe the energy cost vary from state to state. I actually got the idea from a guy who works IT. He put me on it and I've never went back. He told me that the surge protector is the thing that runs all the juice. Even if you turn all your devices off, the surge protector is still generating energy. So compare the amount of time you're not using any off the devices to the time you are using them and you'll see that you're wasting money as we speak.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #20
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Back on topic...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Back on topic...
Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #22
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

The long bomb is a bug and everybody passes for 700 yards a game? Long passes almost never work for me or the computer and I barely pass for 100 yards if I'm lucky.

Yes, you have to adjust sliders to get "realistic" results, which usually are never very realistic anyway. But, you must realize that most of the population that buys the game buys and plays the game to have fun. They don't care about simulation stats or any of that. EA cannot cater to the needs of everybody. They make the game for the majority and try to put in some other features to please the rest, to appeal to the widest audience possible. In fact, they did think of us-they put the sliders in. They could have just made the game as it comes out of the box and not left any option for the few who DO want realism. That's why the sliders are there-for the sake of people like most OSers. The default settings are for the majority who, as I said, don't care that much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »