Home

I cant trust reviews anymore

This is a discussion on I cant trust reviews anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: I cant trust reviews anymore

Now there's somethging I can agree with. These ancient player models just have to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 01:07 AM   #26
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK47
If you look around the web you will find that almost all the review sites are within 10-15% of each other which sort of defeats the point that reviews supposedly represent the unique interests of different people. I imagine the sameness is both an effect of gaming companies lobbying certain big reviewers like IGN and Gamespot as well as other reviewers simply parroting the line of thought given by those big reviewers.
I agree... Absolutely. There seems to be no real gaming journalism. It all is just a mirage... An advertisement veiled as a review... And they're damn good at it too.

That may sound nuts to some of you, but the evidence is there. I remember when IGN used to give scores that were scaled differently (check their archives if you have any doubts). Now, IGN scales their scores so that a game has got to suck pretty bad for it to get under an eight.

The thing is, it's all done within certain bounds, so that they aren't necessarily lying, but rather getting away with just about as much as they can... It's the tactics used by any advertising agency... It's the tactics of capitalism... To maximize as profits to the very last drop, no matter what... It's pure USA, and it's one of the reason's why most nations around the world don't like the USA and the con games that they play...

It's the reason why so many PSPs had dead pixel problems... Because they were all manufactured in China, where the government doesn't enforce quality standards like they should and where pirating runs rampant...

The thing is, the cause behind it is in fact globalization... The imperialistic nature of capitalism itself, a system that needs to grow in order to prosper...

It's a train speeding directly towards a brick wall...

Enjoy NCAA Football while you can!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:33 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

What really bothers me is when the guys who run the Madden sites get to go to EA and play the game early and then go about telling us a bunch of bogus crap. EVERYONE of them said that the deep ball was no longer a problem in NCAA. Not a single one told us this still was not fixed. Hell, the first thing I did when I opened up NCAA was try out the Hail Mary. It didn't take long to figure out something was wrong when the dbs just stood and watched me bring down pass after pass.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:01 AM   #28
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
I agree... Absolutely. There seems to be no real gaming journalism. It all is just a mirage... An advertisement veiled as a review... And they're damn good at it too.

That may sound nuts to some of you, but the evidence is there. I remember when IGN used to give scores that were scaled differently (check their archives if you have any doubts). Now, IGN scales their scores so that a game has got to suck pretty bad for it to get under an eight.

The thing is, it's all done within certain bounds, so that they aren't necessarily lying, but rather getting away with just about as much as they can... It's the tactics used by any advertising agency... It's the tactics of capitalism... To maximize as profits to the very last drop, no matter what... It's pure USA, and it's one of the reason's why most nations around the world don't like the USA and the con games that they play...

It's the reason why so many PSPs had dead pixel problems... Because they were all manufactured in China, where the government doesn't enforce quality standards like they should and where pirating runs rampant...

The thing is, the cause behind it is in fact globalization... The imperialistic nature of capitalism itself, a system that needs to grow in order to prosper...

It's a train speeding directly towards a brick wall...

Enjoy NCAA Football while you can!
I prolly shouldn't have read that in this high state. But you're right.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #29
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

I hope nobody took my doomsday rant too seriously... Because I sincerely believe all things will smooth out eventually... Even NCAA Football...

People are working hard to get things right, despite a few bad apples here and there.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #30
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
No doubt..........No doubt
Old 07-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
No doubt..........No doubt
With the help of sliders, I've gotten a realistic football experience that I am happy with. Yes, this game has flaws but some people are just not any good at football because they really do not understand the sport. You can get a great experience on the Heisman level with the right blend of sliders. I got my WR catch at 70 and CPU knockdown at 99 and I complete passes when I should and the deep pass is not automatic. It has been about 35-40% depending on if the defender has a superior rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

cpu knockdown is at 99 and bombs are completed 40% of the time and that's pretty accurate?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »