Home

pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown!

This is a discussion on pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #17
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
Where do you live in so cal? I am from Riverside area originally. Texas is far overrated and every year Corso and Co. say we're gonna get beat but as long as Stoops is in Norman and Brown is in Dallas, OU will prevail. Those guys have got to be frustrated.
So let me get this straight, you have THAT tv and no hd cables to enjoy it. Hmmmm. . .I wonder if my microsoft hd pack is bad. Do you have one of those packs or are you just running the cables that come with the xbox to your tv. If you are, you are really short changing yourself in the graphics area, but if you're without slowdown it maybe worth it. You may try it and see if ya get slowdown. Maybe I could trouble shoot w/o the hd pack.
Im probably 1/100 people who own an HD capable TV and dont have cable or XBOX in HD. I have Comcast and those A-holes keeping telling me they have no HD boxes available...Im like WTF...As big as your company is you have A) No idea when theyre coming in and B) You dont even know if theyve been ordered??? The microsoft HD AV pack is too confusing to me, Im going to by either monster or some other brand that has straight runing cables, not that adapter thing I saw...

I grew was born in Torrance, CA....then grew up in Lakewood, CA which is near Long Beach, CA....now I live in Irvine, CA because of work...Now that you're out of the 909/951 where have you moved to?
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #18
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

I was a military brat and have moved all over the world since I last lived in Riverside. Been in Germany, Okinawa, and all over the states. Now I live in Duncan, OK where my dad retired here at Ft. Sill in Lawton. I got married, became a cop and now I can't get out of here even though I want to. I guess you can't beat the cost of living but everything else just sucks.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #19
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

Dude out here is So Cal...the housing prices are atronomical...I dont know how people can afford these homes...500-700,000 for a small 3 bedroom house...Most of them come from the inland empire and buy these homes with interest only type payments...

Im about to graduate next year and I waas thinking of going into the police academy. Yet my degree has nothing to do with criminal jostice. Im getting done with a Chemistry degree in the spring of 2006 and I really have no aspirations of going into medicine, even though that was my first reason of picking that major...I could go into pharmaceutical sales, but I dont know...

Any advice as far as resume boosters, interning, anything of the sort...(I know you havent been in So Cal for a while but anything would be of benefit)
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #20
Rookie

jackson's Arena

If you have an interest in law enforcement, then I would figure out at what level you wanted to work. I mean for a municipality, California Highway Patrol, or something federal. MOst agencies have ride a long programs where you can ride with an officer for a shift and see what type of work we actually do. You will be amazed at the things you will experience. This is a good plan for getting your foot in the door and for finding out if this is what you really want to do. Also, some agencies have reserve programs, kinda like an abbreviated police academy you go through and are a reserve officer. You don't get paid for being a reserve typically but it's a good first step and to get to know some other officers who could help you in the future i.e. sitting on your review board someday. If you're considering working for the highway patrol, be sure that's what you want because that academy is no joke. It's like being in marine boot camp. I went to a short Oklahoma Highway Patrol academy for training and **it it was freakin hard. Sleep deprivation, stressful conditions, physically and mentally demanding, and much more. Law enforcement is a brotherhood. You hear of other officers being hurt or killed in the line of duty and it makes you very angry. It's like losing a family member. It's encouraging to see your interest and it's a great career. A lot of this you'll understand more, if you choose this career.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #21
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Lets try to keep this on topic...thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM   #22
Pro

Tmac's Arena

I have two widescreen tv's and you will only see the slowdown in the 16x9 mode with componet cables. I even tried an experiment and switched to 4:3 mode which had letterbox during the game and it ran quite smooth. Also if he doesnt have he componet cables that is why he isn't seeing slowdown. At least this is what I think.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #23
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Lets try to keep this on topic...thanks
LOL sorry fishpea....back to slow downs on xbox...

Go by a can of compressed air and clean out your xbox, so overheating doesnt occur
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #24
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

What slowdown in the XBOX version? I dont think I have seen any slowdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »