Home

pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown!

This is a discussion on pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown!

I have tried several things attempting to remedy or help out the slowdown that was "fixed" in ncaa 06. Nothing has worked until I was tinkering around with sliders. I put everything on offense and defense for the cpu and human to 99%. I know it sounds difficult but I am not aiming this recommendation for realism at this point. I am just trying to make the framerate a little bit better because I was getting massive slowdown on widescreen on just about every play. The kicker is put the difficulty on Heisman and everything turned up to 99%. Everybody is faster and the speed more closely resembles that of practice mode if that's what you're looking for. Just try it out. I want some feedback on this theory. I have played three games using this idea and have had some very good games including stats and framerate. I will post some stats later. I believe sliders similar to these were posted in the sliders section but I don't remember who. I'm not trying to steal anyone's glory and I give credit to whoever come up with this set. I'm just advising those with slowdown particularly in widescreen to give it a go and let me know. Remember: Heisman and 99% across the board other than ST. Do not be intimidated by these. . . by the way play good run defense!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
Rookie

jackson's Arena

Re: pseudo-solution for xbox slowdown!

ok found who to give credit to. WallaceNails has a thread concerning maxing out sliders on AA level but you can run all over the computer so change the diff. to Heisman and voila, gaming bliss.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

I have the XBOX HD monster cables and im playing widescreen 480p on a 62'' DLP there is no slowdown for me at all. I mustve played 25 games already. I'm wondering if slowdown is from connection problem from the xbox to the TV. I remember people who used S-Video cables had the most slowdown last year. Just a thought ,
Old 07-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

jackson's Arena

I too have monster cables, the THX certified ones for 80 bucks and a brand spanking new xbox. Also, I have a 48 inch JVC hdtv. I have significant slowdown but with these it is minimal and almost exclusively to kick returns. Does you tv upconvert to 1080i. Mine does and I was reading somewhere that it may cause framerate issues. Thoughts?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Cables would have nothing to do with whether or not you are having slowdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Yeah, the only thing bad cables will do is distort visual quality, not frame rate.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #7
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

I was going to recoomend a cleaning of your box...but since it is rather new...I dont think a significant amount of lint or dust would build up in there. I have a Mitsubishi 52" HDTV and I have had a few instances of slow down in the first 5-7 games...since then now close to 20 games on AA I havent seen any slow down issues on my box...
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I got the XBOX version and I have had ZERO slowdowns with this year's version. Last year's version was almost unplayable because of the slow-motion running game.

BTW, I have one of the older xbox(s).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »