Home

Completely frustrated....pls help

This is a discussion on Completely frustrated....pls help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Completely frustrated....pls help

I can't win at this game. I am not the best videogame football player...but I usuaslly can win some games. Not with this one.

I am playing with my PSU (I am an allumni) and can't win a damn game on Varstiy. I either get sacked every play...or the cpu catches a long bomb.

I have tried catch assist on....the WR still don't catch anything.

I also can not figure out how to stop a bomb. I call Cover 2's and the WR still blow right past the coverage. Then when I take control of the DB...it either stops causing the WR to blow past or they run the wrong direction. I don't think I have swatted one friggin ball yet. I am so sick of holding the cpu to long 3rd downs and them completing these bull**** bombs.

I am asking for help...if not....its back to the store and await Madden.

Nit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

straylight3's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Completely frustrated....pls help

Well one thing Cover 2 isn't good for defending against the bomb. Cover 2 means only 2 people are playing deep, which isn't good for defending the long pass or long yardage situations. Try cover 4s and prevents for long yardage situations, or even cover 3s. That means you will more than likely get double coverage on the person going deep.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

cant win on varsity? wow. I dont see how messing with the sliders cant allow to win. Its always possible to win big and lose big depending on how you set the sliders, but hard to find the perfect middle ground.

Just make yourself better at everything with the human slider set.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany
I can't win at this game. I am not the best videogame football player...but I usuaslly can win some games. Not with this one.

I am playing with my PSU (I am an allumni) and can't win a damn game on Varstiy. I either get sacked every play...or the cpu catches a long bomb.

I have tried catch assist on....the WR still don't catch anything.

I also can not figure out how to stop a bomb. I call Cover 2's and the WR still blow right past the coverage. Then when I take control of the DB...it either stops causing the WR to blow past or they run the wrong direction. I don't think I have swatted one friggin ball yet. I am so sick of holding the cpu to long 3rd downs and them completing these bull**** bombs.

I am asking for help...if not....its back to the store and await Madden.

Nit
On Offense, try using the shotgun formation to get time to throw the ball. Another way to get the computer off your back is to run the ball well. I prefer to run out of the I-formations. To be successful at passing I highly suggest taking control of the receiver to manual catch passes.

On Defense, the absolute best way to minimize (there is no way to stop all of them) CPU bombs is to apply pressure with the blitz. This forces the QB to pass it quicker (before his receivers get downfield) and your DBs and CBs are more likely to stick to their man if they only have to stay with the WRs for shorter time.

On 3rd down I usually use the play Thunder Green in the Nickel formation. I bring my 2 blitzing LBs closer to the line of scrimmage and I chose a safety. The main thing is that you need to be able to take control of the DB or CB to knock down the deep pass. Don't go for INTs unless you have somebody deeper in coverage just in case you miss it.

I now get more sacks than the computer gets long ball completions. I'm playing the game on Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »