Home

Heisman Trophy "voters" favor upperclassmen?

This is a discussion on Heisman Trophy "voters" favor upperclassmen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4
Heisman Trophy "voters" favor upperclassmen?

I know class seems to have something to do with getting the trophy in real life. But, in years past with this game I could win the Heisman with a freshman that had a standout year.

Here's what has happend to me through two years of my dynasty...

FYI: Year 1 I played on a modified Varsity setting to get used to the game plus my XBOX. I am in no way bragging of my results. I know I wouldn't have been able to do this on Heisman.
Year 2 I played on default AA and I simmed a large amount of my games.

Year 1: My sophomore RB Mike Hart ran for over 1800yds with 26 total TDs. Leinhart won the Heisman. I could see that. Leinhart was a senior and had outstanding numbers (I know there has been talk about completion % on these boards).

Year 2: My junior RB Mike Hart ran for over 2,100yds with 29 total TDs. I cannot remember who it was, but a senior RB won the Heisman. This senior had 500 fewer yards and 6 fewer TD's than Mike Hart. Also, Hart had won the Maxwell and the Walker Awards. How could another RB beat him? The only thing he had going for him was more carries and his age.

Anyone else have similar stories or maybe this isn't odd to everyone else. Let me know your thoughts. It's just funny. The top RB and MVP gets beaten out for the Heisman by another RB.

I really do like the fact that it's challenging to win the Heisman. I had to talk Hart into coming back for his senior year, but it will be worth it if he can get the Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman Trophy "voters" favor upperclassmen?

I won the Heisman with Teddy Ginn last night. He had something like 3,200 all-purpose yards (1,100 rushing - 800 receiving - 1300 special teams) and 22 touchdowns (5 PRs) in 11 games. Second place was Leinart with 45 touchdowns and 11 INTs for almost 4,000 yards. Third place was Reggie Bush with ... um, I have no idea.

I really like their Heisman presentation.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
lav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
I won the Heisman with Teddy Ginn last night. He had something like 3,200 all-purpose yards (1,100 rushing - 800 receiving - 1300 special teams) and 22 touchdowns (5 PRs) in 11 games. Second place was Leinart with 45 touchdowns and 11 INTs for almost 4,000 yards. Third place was Reggie Bush with ... um, I have no idea.

I really like their Heisman presentation.
Nicely done. Was this during your first season? If so, then that means Ginn was a sophomore...I think. So that would blow my whole "upper classman" idea out of the water.

I still don't get why the other RB would've won in year 2.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
Nicely done. Was this during your first season? If so, then that means Ginn was a sophomore...I think. So that would blow my whole "upper classman" idea out of the water.

I still don't get why the other RB would've won in year 2.
See 1985 Lorenzo White vs. Bo Jackson.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
Yep, true sophomore.

It's hard to ignore numbers like he had, though. Almost 300 total yards per game AND he had 9 tackles and an INT. I completely forgot about that.

What's best is, I have another whole year with him. The thing is, I have a 5 star running back coming in (and I'm changing his name to Chris Wells - the kid from Akron who's already signed with OSU in real life) so I'll probably move Ted to corner and use him like Charles Woodson now that I'll finally have a decent running back (I can't stand using Pittman). I think that's pretty realistic. After all, Teddy's future in the NFL is likely as a defensive back.

Last edited by BTG; 07-22-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #6
lav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Yep, true sophomore.

It's hard to ignore numbers like he had, though. Almost 300 total yards per game AND he had 9 tackles and an INT. I completely forgot about that.

What's best is, I have another whole year with him. The thing is, I have a 5 star running back coming in (and I'm changing his name to Chris Wells - the kid from Akron who's already signed with OSU in real life) so I'll probably move Ted to corner and use him like Charles Woodson now that I'll finally have a decent running back (I can't stand using Pittman). I think that's pretty realistic. After all, Teddy's future in the NFL is likely as a defensive back.
True. Those numbers were outstanding.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
lav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
See 1985 Lorenzo White vs. Bo Jackson.
What was that scenario? I did some research. I found that Bo won the Heisman and White finished 4th in the voting behind Bo and two QB's.

I'll do some more research.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I just finished my first season...PSU Freshman WR D. Williams ammassed 1500+ yards, 60 catches, 120+ rushing yards, 32 combined recieving and rushing TD's and ran back kickoffs (did not score on one of those however.) He lead the Heisman race (or so I thought) for the last 4 weeks of the season, only to get beat by over 1000 points in the final vote by Leinhart....Quite frankly I was trying to get him the heisman, running TE around plays at the goal line to get him a couple of cheap scores, etc. If he didn't win it that year I can't imagine having a better statistical season unless I literally put the ball in his hands on every play.

I guess I'll know in a couple weeks whether he can get it done in his soph season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »