Home

Quality Audible Plays

This is a discussion on Quality Audible Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Icon5 Quality Audible Plays

I find it kinda silly that the only audible play setup is the previous play run by the offense. Curious of any suggestions for quality audibles. I gots to set this up the nub I am. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Quality Audible Plays

????

Are you talking about hurry up offense? Because yes it will call your last play but then when you get to the line use on of your many selectable audibles and get the play that you want.

This may have not answered your question.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

I am getting used to the EA sports world. Used to NFL2K series having some audible plays already set up for ya. I forget to set them right off the bat.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

The NFL2k audible system was nice. For EA, you need to go and set up your audibles before a game. I think you can also change them under the Strategy menu during a game when you pause, but they won't stay after the current game. If you do it outside of a game, they will be your audibles for the rest of the season (or until you change them again).

Is that what you were asking?

I have 2 pass audibles and three running audibles. I have an under center pass audible, a shotgun pass one, a HB dive run, a off tackle run, and a option audible.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

You also have the option to set up to 3 audibles on the fly while you are on the playcalling screen. For ps2 you hit R1 + either square, circle or x and it will replace the audible that was previously assigned to that slot. Xbox users probably have a diff. button combo, check the manual under audibles for the specifics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

It says under "Game Features" in the in game options menu, that you can set up audibles on the play calling screen. On XBOX, they want you to pul and hold the L and R triggers and press the corresponding botton to set it.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

Thanks folks for your responses. How do you know which audible is what in game after you set them up prior to playing a game? Just need to remember which button does what? Forgive my nubness, getting used to EA after all the years of Sega' ESPN2K games.
On a side note I do have my fair share of criticisms for this game as far as presentation and all but overall I do think this game kicks @$$ and looking forward to Madden on the 9th! Though those next gen. movies of Madden on the XBOX360,etc. do look f'n incredible.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Thanks folks for your responses. How do you know which audible is what in game after you set them up prior to playing a game? Just need to remember which button does what? Forgive my nubness, getting used to EA after all the years of Sega' ESPN2K games.
On a side note I do have my fair share of criticisms for this game as far as presentation and all but overall I do think this game kicks @$$ and looking forward to Madden on the 9th! Though those next gen. movies of Madden on the XBOX360,etc. do look f'n incredible.

Thanks.
Yes, you are required to memorize them. EA's games are generally intended to be 2-player contests, so on-screen audibles wouldn't work. Here's a suggestion: come up with a system for assigning your audibles (i.e. square will be a run, x a short pass, circle an anti-blitz play, etc.) and then stick to it. It will make remembering what your audibles are much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »