Home

In-Season recruiting

This is a discussion on In-Season recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #9
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: In-Season recruiting

As Penn St:

Penn St has PA, MD, OH, NY and NJ as pipelines. I targeted 12 players initially, all of which were in my pipelines. 1 of them was a 5 star and the rest 4 stars, although a couple were top 50 players. I usually go for the best available players but in this season they happened to fit my needs very nicely.

In the first week I gave about 10-12 pts to the top 50 players and 5-7 pts to the rest. My basic strategy is to not devote points to a player if he won't make the next cut. If a player still has me ranked 7th or 8th I stop trying to recruit them and use those points to improve others interest. I also will cut the lowest interest player if I'm recruiting a bunch of players at one position and use his points for the other players at that position

After week 5 I've stopped recruiting 4 players and am in the top 3 for the remaining 8 players. I've found the players become very interested if you're winning games. I'm 4-0 right now but going into a tough stretch where I play Minnesota, Ohio St and @ Michigan. I'll be lucky to win 2 of those games, so hope my players stay interested through that stretch. If they start to lose interest, I'll probably cut the # of players I'm recruiting to 5 or 6 and focus in on the ones I really want.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Success definately seems to help. For example, there was this 5* Guard that I really wanted in my Michigan Dynasty. I had him invited to campus during the Ohio State game figuring that bringing him in for "The Big Game" could do it. Well, two weeks before, he gives a "soft verbal" to Oklahoma. So I cancel his visit during OSU week and invite him in that week for Indiana. I lay the wood to Indiana like 56-10 or something with a premo rushing game from Hart. Boom! He commits to Michigan.

Very cool.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not really liking this pipeline feature. It's a cool idea, but it shouldn't take 3 players to setup a pipeline. The whole idea of a pipeline is that players from that state are interested in your school and that's how EA should do it, not just making it cost less points to recruit someone from that state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #12
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
I'm not really liking this pipeline feature. It's a cool idea, but it shouldn't take 3 players to setup a pipeline. The whole idea of a pipeline is that players from that state are interested in your school and that's how EA should do it, not just making it cost less points to recruit someone from that state.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost less to recruit players in pipeline states (unless its your home state). My recruits from my pipeline states certainly don't cost less to recruit. They do seem to be more interested.

Oh well much more info in the recruiting thread.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do you tell what a player's rating is for in-season recruiting?

I have an XBOX.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost less to recruit players in pipeline states (unless its your home state). My recruits from my pipeline states certainly don't cost less to recruit. They do seem to be more interested.

Oh well much more info in the recruiting thread.
I read that it does cost less to recruit players from pipeline states and doesn't affect how interested they are. I haven't really gotten into offseason recruiting to check it out though.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:07 PM   #15
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
I read that it does cost less to recruit players from pipeline states and doesn't affect how interested they are. I haven't really gotten into offseason recruiting to check it out though.
Well unless I'm wrong... the max points to throw at a recruit are 15 points for the home state. My other pipeline states are all Max 30. So they're not the same as the home state. Not sure if the max would be higher if those states weren't pipeline.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM   #16
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

How do you schedule a visit during in-season? When I press select nothing happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »