Home

Was there ever a fix to high qb stats?

This is a discussion on Was there ever a fix to high qb stats? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Was there ever a fix to high qb stats?

I dont see the thread...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Was there ever a fix to high qb stats?

There's a huge thread about this at the MaddenMania forums, though there doesn't appear to be any final remedy...

One basic thing that is said to help is puting all the team's offensive aggressiveness at maximum, and all the team's defensive aggressiveness at a minimum (under coaching strategy). I guess that causes the CPU to throw downfield more, and thus the QBs completion percentage will drop. But I read that this doesn't help the TD:INT ratio.

I haven't tried anything myself- still playing MVP.

I may just go back to ESPN NFL 2K5, and then hope they iron things out for next year's version.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I thought I saw somewhere that if you set the run/pass ratio to 60% run and 40% pass or something even more slanted towards run that the numbers would come down a little. Personally, the high QB stats don't bother me, it just makes it more of a challenge to win some of the personal accolades.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I remember in past game maybe im just imaging this but cant you chnage the length of simulated games. It might possibly be the user simulted games im not sure. Does anyone know what im talking about.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Yeah I know what youre saying, and I'm pretty sure you can't do it in this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

It's odd that simulated stats are off, considering that EA doesn't allow the user to change sim length.

Considering they don't, I would think the stats should be spot on for realism.. And that they would have made sure of this, since changing the sim length can't be done.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I found some other basic things that have been said to help...

In addition to what's I posted above, also change every team's offensive playcalling 5% towards the run, and every team's defensive playcalling 5% towards the pass.

The thing with this is, that when you actually play your team's games, you have to switch the team you're playing against back to the default settings... And thus you have to have a chart of what each team's default setting is...

In other words, it just might not be worth it, though supposedly it helps the QB sim numbers... So, it's really up to you and whether or not you want to deal with it.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

The best thing to do, and I've done it, is to drop everyone's QBA 20 pts. The stats come out PERFECT!

BUT...

After the first season...recruits come in... people improve in the offseason... and they slowly go up again.

If there was a way to change the lil detail of not being able to edit incoming freshman and JCers, then it would be ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »