Home

2 year probation.

This is a discussion on 2 year probation. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #17
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2 year probation.

What seems to work for me is I try to get away with minimum action until my bar gets to about half full. Then I hope a second stringer really messes up one year and I suspend for an entire season. NCAA bar is back to zero and noone else dares screw up. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

IMO there are two many infractions, you almost never hear about a star quarterback sitting out for 3 games for having to much fun downtown. Hell Bradlee Van Pelt got in a fight outside of a bar we were at one night and he had no ramifications.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #18
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
IMO there are two many infractions, you almost never hear about a star quarterback sitting out for 3 games for having to much fun downtown. Hell Bradlee Van Pelt got in a fight outside of a bar we were at one night and he had no ramifications.
I don't think there are too many infractions, my problem is that they always hit your starters. I don't think I've ever seen a backup do anything wrong.

As far as the types of infractions, they are kind of lame but I doubt they'd allow in stuff like "Marcus Vick Arrested for Reckless Driving, Possession of Marijuana"
Old 07-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #19
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHolmoe
I almost feel cheated when I don't get any infractions because you can only lower your interest bar by dropping the hammer on your players. Also, all of those points budgeted towards discipline that went unused...
But it never fails that as soon as you reduce your budget for discipline, you won't have enough points to suspend everyone the next season, and you'll end up being put on probation. I always make sure discipline is at least 25-30%. Kind of annoying, but I like having full scholarships.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

I am not sure about this year as I have not completed my first dynasty year yet but I found that last year discipline of 15-16% seemed adequate.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:31 PM   #21
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
But it never fails that as soon as you reduce your budget for discipline, you won't have enough points to suspend everyone the next season, and you'll end up being put on probation. I always make sure discipline is at least 25-30%. Kind of annoying, but I like having full scholarships.
Far more annoying is that often my star players seem to get in trouble and require discipline during the week of televised games and rivalry games. Keep in mind, these are my star players who often have Excellent next to their discipline rating. In the meantime, some of my poorest discipline players NEVER seem to require any discipline. I'm half-tempted to recruit only those with poor discipline.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #22
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
Far more annoying is that often my star players seem to get in trouble and require discipline during the week of televised games and rivalry games. Keep in mind, these are my star players who often have Excellent next to their discipline rating. In the meantime, some of my poorest discipline players NEVER seem to require any discipline. I'm half-tempted to recruit only those with poor discipline.
That's something else entirely. Just like last year, there seems to be a random factor in player discipline. I had my Heisman HB get caught stealing stuff from a department store the week of a huge rivalry game. No way in hell was I letting him sit that game, so I elected not to suspend him. Fortunately, I had some WR or something get in trouble later on, and I was able to suspend him to get the NCAA interest meter back down. Heisman HB never got in trouble the rest of the season, either.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #23
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
That's something else entirely. Just like last year, there seems to be a random factor in player discipline. I had my Heisman HB get caught stealing stuff from a department store the week of a huge rivalry game. No way in hell was I letting him sit that game, so I elected not to suspend him. Fortunately, I had some WR or something get in trouble later on, and I was able to suspend him to get the NCAA interest meter back down. Heisman HB never got in trouble the rest of the season, either.
Yes it seems once you really smack down a player for a couple of seasons, then no-one gets in trouble.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »