Home

Can You Develop Rivals?

This is a discussion on Can You Develop Rivals? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Can You Develop Rivals?

I'm playing with Notre Dame, and I just beat 10-0 UConn in their home by a field goal with time running out, 19-17. I'm sure that next year in my game, they'd like a piece of me at ND Stadium. If that game is also close, is it possible at all for there to be a rivalry between us two schools, and recognized by the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Can You Develop Rivals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
I'm playing with Notre Dame, and I just beat 10-0 UConn in their home by a field goal with time running out, 19-17. I'm sure that next year in my game, they'd like a piece of me at ND Stadium. If that game is also close, is it possible at all for there to be a rivalry between us two schools, and recognized by the game?
I've never come across this. It would be cool though.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I doubt this is possible, with Oregon I played Fresno State the first two years, both games were close and then after leaving Oregon to coach Miami, Oregon again played Fresno State and it was close again but they still arent rivals, atleast not as far as I can tell. Would be a nice feature considering I have made the choice to play Oregon every year and alternate where its played at and it would be nice for us to become rivals but Im not holding my breath after what I noticed while playing as Oregon.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

This is definitely something I'd like to see in future versions. Given all the conference realignments, there are bound to be some new rivalries popping up over the next few years. Probably none like Alabama/Auburn, Miami/Florida State, etc., but modest rivalries, nonetheless.

This may be a next generation time of thing, but all the game would have to do is keep track of the schedules for 3 or 4 years, and if you play a non-conference team more than 2 years in a row, they could possibly become a rival. OR if you have a string of hotly contested games against a conference team, they could possibly become a rival; especially if you were to meet them in the conference championship game a couple times in a row.

This would really enhance the situations where the user team moves to a new conference but are stuck with old rivalries from the old conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »