Home

Question for any Hawkeye fans out there

This is a discussion on Question for any Hawkeye fans out there within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2005, 03:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Question for any Hawkeye fans out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Well, to you and stinkpot, I'm referring more to his escapability factor, and if either of you ever actually watched a game, you might have a clue what I'm talking about; the kid escaped being sacked so many times it was unbelievable. Hell, ESPN showed one of his more well known plays about 100 times: he's about to get sacked, ducks under it, has his helmet ripped off, stays on his feet, and still gets the throw off.

At any rate, he looked pretty damn good to me. I think his agility and speed should just be a little higher, that's all, I never claimed he should be Mike Vick...
Actually I watch quite a few Iowa games every year. Yes Tate is good.... but He is a pocket passer. Every Qb every now and then escapes sacks that doesn't mean that all of a sudden they are super agile. Tate was sacked the 7th most times out of all 119 D1A Qb's. That is terrible
Old 07-30-2005, 03:41 PM   #10
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofm1508
Actually I watch quite a few Iowa games every year. Yes Tate is good.... but He is a pocket passer. Every Qb every now and then escapes sacks that doesn't mean that all of a sudden they are super agile. Tate was sacked the 7th most times out of all 119 D1A Qb's. That is terrible
True, but let's also not forget Iowa was on about their 7th running back, due to some of the worst half back injury luck in recent memory. Because of this, they basically passed on every single down.

At any rate though, in the words of Ron Burgundy, we'll just have to "agree to disagree". Haha.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 07-30-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I watched the ASU-Iowa game, what a playmaker he is! Won so much cash off that poor line, it wasn't even funny.

To the guy who said Texas whined their way in, this was a half-assed comment that you could have made before the bowl games were played but in July. Its officially the dumbest thing I've heard.

First off, never a truer point was made by many that Coaches don't get the chance to fully watch games and vote properly in polls till the end of the year. They got to and voted accordingly.

Second off, in the current BCS system no bowl should be held to some crusty (Big Ten vs Pac Ten) history, especially when you can pit 2 of the greatest programs in the history.

Third off, after seeing Cal get humiliated by Texas Tech, the Big 12 south 3rd, who was killed by Texas at Texas Tech and Texas went on to win the Rose Bowl your comments are sheer idiocy.

I think when Texas loses a fan such as yourself, its a really good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2005, 05:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
True, but let's also not forget Iowa was on about their 7th running back, due to some of the worst half back injury luck in recent memory. Because of this, they basically passed on every single down.

At any rate though, in the words of Ron Burgundy, we'll just have to "agree to disagree". Haha.
I had thought of this. However Tate is is only 22nd in the Ncaa in Pass Attempts yet He is 7th in sacks. The fact is this while Tate at times has made great plays He still takes a lot of sacks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »