Home

Stopping the run??

This is a discussion on Stopping the run?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Stopping the run??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
I had to use the 5-2 against Gerald Riggs but he still gained 200 yds and broke like 10 tackles. Impact players dominate and its frustrating.
I like that aspect of it. Impact or great players should dominate for both sides. I think most of us are used to football games where we can call a certain formation or play and stop them which is unrealistic. How many times in Madden is somebody ranked #1 against the run by a long shot? I think the game is more exciting this way but just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like that aspect of it. Impact or great players should dominate for both sides. I think most of us are used to football games where we can call a certain formation or play and stop them which is unrealistic. How many times in Madden is somebody ranked #1 against the run by a long shot? I think the game is more exciting this way but just my opinion.
No, your right. Impact players DO dominate in the NCAA ranks. That is the whole point for them. These are the player that are likely to play and do well in the NFL. How many players actually GO to the NFL out of college? its a VERY small percentage number and that is the reason for the Impact Players.

chef423
Old 07-31-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Both online and offline, the key for me, has been to use the defensive line slant hot routes at the line of scrimmage. Key to stopping an impact RB, is obviously gang tackling.

For example, both online in my league, and offline in my dynasty, I have held Adrian Peterson to under 60 yds rushing, and under 4.0 ypc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #12
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Both online and offline, the key for me, has been to use the defensive line slant hot routes at the line of scrimmage.
Very true. I'm not sure many people know you can do that. To slant left or right, bring up the defensive line audile (L), then hit left or right on the analog stick to slant in either direction. It can really blow up running plays if you call them at the appropriate times.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Very true. I'm not sure many people know you can do that. To slant left or right, bring up the defensive line audile (L), then hit left or right on the analog stick to slant in either direction. It can really blow up running plays if you call them at the appropriate times.
You can also crash the line to rush inside or outside. Very useful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »