Home

Your Best Freshman!

This is a discussion on Your Best Freshman! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 06:16 AM   #1
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Your Best Freshman!

I'm playing with Notre Dame, and I'm almost done with year 2. I locked up a recruit early last season, a WR named Bobby Campbell. He's 6'6", 223 lbs, and runs a 4.5.

He was very effective catching the long ball, and sometimes lined up as a TE. He was probably my favorite target. I think he caught about 5 touchdowns for 700 yards before he got injured for the rest of the season with a dislocated elbow in my last game of the regular season against USC. He's good, and I'm excited about him playing next year.

On defense, I locked up this kid named Pat Stephens from Niagara Falls, NY. He's a middle linebacker with good size, about 6'3" 240. I really liked him this past season because he made great plays when I needed them. He probably forced about 4 fumbles when the opposition was in the redzone, and 7 FFs all together. I know he had 2 INTs, one of which came in the redzone and he returned it for a TD. He's gonna get a lot better.

Anyways, post and tell about your freshman who have left great impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Your Best Freshman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
I'm playing with Notre Dame, and I'm almost done with year 2. I locked up a recruit early last season, a WR named Bobby Campbell. He's 6'6", 223 lbs, and runs a 4.5.

He was very effective catching the long ball, and sometimes lined up as a TE. He was probably my favorite target. I think he caught about 5 touchdowns for 700 yards before he got injured for the rest of the season with a dislocated elbow in my last game of the regular season against USC. He's good, and I'm excited about him playing next year.

On defense, I locked up this kid named Pat Stephens from Niagara Falls, NY. He's a middle linebacker with good size, about 6'3" 240. I really liked him this past season because he made great plays when I needed them. He probably forced about 4 fumbles when the opposition was in the redzone, and 7 FFs all together. I know he had 2 INTs, one of which came in the redzone and he returned it for a TD. He's gonna get a lot better.

Anyways, post and tell about your freshman who have left great impressions.
I'm still in my first dynasty year with Texas A&M,but I locked up a 6'5 strong safety with 44.9 speed,and A- awarness,and averge potential.I'm just curious to see what his ratings will be when he arrived ,but I was very excited when he committed to A&M.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
I'm still in my first dynasty year with Texas A&M,but I locked up a 6'5 strong safety with 44.9 speed,and A- awarness,and averge potential.I'm just curious to see what his ratings will be when he arrived ,but I was very excited when he committed to A&M.
does he have no legs?
Old 07-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

In my third season I managed to get the #1 linebacker, James Larkin, a ROLB from Detroit. It was funny to me, cuz I played high school football and was best friends with a guy named James Larkin who played fullback for us....in Detroit! So I had to get him!

Anywayz, my senior linebacker was gone and James Larkin stepped in and immediately contributed. I started him over my junior linebacker because James was rated higher, and he ended up with 55 tackles 4sacks, 5 ints, 4 fumbles forced, 1 fumble recovered, and 38 tackles for losses. He was even in the 12 man semifinalist list (#12 though). Though he didn't win it, he was on the second team all SEC. By his junior year he should be my defensive captain; I'm definitely looking for big things from him.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm still in year one of my Clemson dynasty, but I've had two recruits committ.

Keith Page, one of the top LB's of the class, was my first to committ. He's 6'4 or so, 235lbs. Runs around a 4.45 and is strong as hell, with A+ awareness. I look forward to seeing him in a Clemson uni next season.

The other is a speedy receiver, Jonathan Baker. He only stands at like 5'10", but runs a 4.3 40. He's got great hands, and should contribute on reverses and short passes with a lot of room to run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm starting year 3 of my A&M dynasty and got a FR OLB from League City, TX who was the #1 ranked LB. He is 6'3, 240 lbs and 84 overall. He has 89 speed and 86 tackle and will be starting on the left side of the 4-3 I run. I also got a FS from Kenmore, NY who comes in as an 80 overall. He's getting redshirted but might have trouble playing with a 85 overall sophmore in front of him.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

I picked up an ATH from Texas, who when I moved his Postion around, he was an 93 as a freshamn at RE. I started him there and in his Freshman year he had 35 sacks. He has 93 speed, hes sorta small, but he gets around the end damn fast and sacks everyhting. Im in his Junior year now and he has about 50 plus sacks so far. Hes broekn every NCAA record imaginable for a DE. This is with Colorado no less. Last offseason I also recruited the Number 1 and 2 qb's in the nation. I dont know what Im gonna do with them because I have an awesome SO scrambler qb i got my firsst oddseason who can rival Vince Young.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I picked up an ATH from Texas, who when I moved his Postion around, he was an 93 as a freshamn at RE. I started him there and in his Freshman year he had 35 sacks. He has 93 speed, hes sorta small, but he gets around the end damn fast and sacks everyhting. Im in his Junior year now and he has about 50 plus sacks so far. Hes broekn every NCAA record imaginable for a DE. This is with Colorado no less. Last offseason I also recruited the Number 1 and 2 qb's in the nation. I dont know what Im gonna do with them because I have an awesome SO scrambler qb i got my firsst oddseason who can rival Vince Young.

lol@35 sacks...thats just unfair lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »