Home

The end of a generic entrance on next gen?

This is a discussion on The end of a generic entrance on next gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
The end of a generic entrance on next gen?

One thing that has been sorely missing and hurts the presentation (for me at least) has been the lack of team specific entrances. I know some simply skip the pregame stuff, but I watch them more often than not. The sad part is that at EA used to include these.

With next gen systems, I'm hoping and expecting all areas of presentation to see a noticeable improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The end of a generic entrance on next gen?

It either a data storage issue or resource issue (don't want to spend the time on it). I would think with the DVD format and specifically the HD-DVD format on the PS3 that the data storage would not be the case. It's merely up to the programmers to take the time to do it.

With the hard drives and online capability, they could let you download the content for the games if data storage is an issue. Heck, Microsoft is looking at charging $1 or $2 for things like that to make money so that could be an option.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 7

I'd settle for video footage from real life games of the more unique team entrances. That would require little work and little space on the disc. Look at those 30-40 cameos when you turn the game on. They could easily ad 30-40 videos for the major teams' entrances.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

yea i think they will add specific team entrances for all the main conferences on next gen. they probably dont have enough space on xbox or ps2. i think it would be cool if they did certain crowd movements like the wave the wheat like kansas does.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
I'd settle for video footage from real life games of the more unique team entrances. That would require little work and little space on the disc. Look at those 30-40 cameos when you turn the game on. They could easily ad 30-40 videos for the major teams' entrances.
That is a really good idea. It would give an oppotunity for people to see other teams' entrances that you would never see on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #6
Rookie

TomHolmoe's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It either a data storage issue or resource issue (don't want to spend the time on it). I would think with the DVD format and specifically the HD-DVD format on the PS3 that the data storage would not be the case. It's merely up to the programmers to take the time to do it.

With the hard drives and online capability, they could let you download the content for the games if data storage is an issue. Heck, Microsoft is looking at charging $1 or $2 for things like that to make money so that could be an option.
I can almost guarantee you that it's not a storage issue, it's just that they don't want to take the time to do it. I'd go with your second guess, there are just so many little inaccuracies in presentation that could have been rectified if they had put in the time to get it right, but they never bothered. One that I find particularly annoying is that they don't preserve the sanctity of the student and alumni booster sections in the stadiums. Watch a game at a big venue at the Horseshoe or Touchdown Jebus Stadium in real life or on television and there's no way you're ever going to see the visiting team's colors in certain parts of the stadium. This would not be very difficult to fix at all, but it's either never occurred to them or they just don't care enough to fix it. Also, think how much space could have been freed up if they took out the stupid mascot game or that playable demo (commercial) for the basketball game.

I'd be against paying even a dollar or two for additional content that should be on the disc to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »