Home

What this game really needs...

This is a discussion on What this game really needs... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

mjdiggy's Arena

OVR: 1
What this game really needs...

...is the "simulate to end" feature from the ESPN 2K football series. That's the biggest thing that puts a damper on the game to me... when I'm winning 52-7 against the CPU in the 3rd quarter, and I'm going to spend the next 20 minutes yawning through the end of the game. If I could just get the computer to quickly sim the rest of it for me, I'd be a happy man.

It's college football, and I know that blowouts happen... I've not no quarrel with that. But when I'm beating Troy by 40, or losing to Oklahoma by 40, the 3rd and 4th quarters are just miserable to wade through. If I could just get that "Simulate to the End of the Game" feature, I could keep my win, keep my stats, move on to another challenge, and keep rolling. As it is, I just have to endure the boredom, and then I don't feel like playing anymore.

Oh, and the fact that I can't save audio settings also sucks. Even if I could just scratch that damn Bad Religion song from the playlist, I'd take it.

Just wanted to vent. Word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What this game really needs...

I was thinking the same thing with simulating to the end. Playing the blow outs to the end can be boring.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, that would be a great option. The only thing that keeps me into blowout games is putting in my second string guys and seeing how the younger guys do. I try to treat it like a practice mode. At least the season is short though.

Last edited by outkast44; 07-31-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

NCAA definitely needs that feature. especially when your winning in the 3rd with 9 minute quarters. it is so boring to wait.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
NCAA definitely needs that feature. especially when your winning in the 3rd with 9 minute quarters. it is so boring to wait.
This isn't a real 'solution', its more like a band-aid...but;

I turn off the game clock. I still rush to the line and don't use too much of the clock and the CPU seems to not realize there isn't a clock, it still gets to the line and calls TOs as it should...but, when/if I am in the 3rd/4th with a big lead(house rule is 31pts), I'll just let the clock run out while I do some yard work or something...keeps me from pulling my hair out too much.

Just a thought...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Another band aid solution is to switch your controller to the middle so it's just CPU vs CPU. Then you can watch the game, go do something else or whatever you want. The only problem with that is that it still takes a long time. You just don't have to sit through it.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

what I do^^^^
Old 07-31-2005, 09:23 PM   #8
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Thank goodness for the need to play backups

Sim to End makes ESPN games even better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »