Home

The best NCAA Game?

This is a discussion on The best NCAA Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The best NCAA Game?

I'm a little hesitant to answer this question. Both 2004 and '06 are great games.
I played literally hundreds of games of NCAA '04, while I've had '06 for less than 3 weeks. Having said that, I'm leaning towards '06 as the best game in the series history. It's much better graphically, and playing defense is more interesting than it was in '04.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #18
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Playing defense is better in 06, but I'm not feeling the playbooks this year. For normal I formation, most passes are play action. The running plays in the playbook have improved a ton from last year, but it just seems like something's missing - the passing plays.

This was mentioned before - the human receivers lethargically run their routes while the CPU recievers run briskly. For me, this has a big impact. Whenever I play 06, I just come away feeling unsatisfied. I get a good feeling after playing 2004's version, so that's all that matters to me in the end.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #19
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll take '06 over '04, but '04 was definitely a great game. Sure, '06 has its holes, but so did '04. And I actually like the stuff they have added to the game since then. on '04 the offense was pretty much too easy, you could run the out patterns all day long and move the ball right down the field. With my adjustments, it doesn't seem like the deep ball is money for either team.

It also seems like I have to call different defenses to stop the CPU. In '04, I would spend the whole game in a cover 2 man and that was it. I also really like the momentum factor in '06. When you get on a roll it makes a big difference, sometimes things just click, which is the way it works in a real game.

Much like Tecmo Super bowl is still my favorite football game of all time, I don't spend any time playing it anymore because it's run its course. Same type of thing with NCAA '04. Great game, but I've moved on.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
2004 will always be special. I still have it in fact. But there's no way I'd rather play it instead of 2006. Now that I have 2006 playing the way I want it there's no substitute. 2006 gets my vote.
Couldn't agree more. I buy NCAA every year and 2004 blew me away.... after last year's mess, I was worried about 2006, but it's great. Every game will have some issues (deep ball, etc), but I think, overall, it's tough to complain about this game.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm going to reluctantly give '06 a slight edge over '05. I preferred the defense oriented game in '05 to the offense happy '04 version. And there was a lot less slowdown in '05 than in '06.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »