Home

Major Problems?

This is a discussion on Major Problems? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

OVR: 2
Major Problems?

I've just spent about an hour searching for threads about problems I'm seeing with 2006....I haven't found the answers I'm really looking for, so here goes....

1. Is there a true work-around for the outrageous QB stats? Leinhart finished the season 229-295 in passing....is this ridiculous or is this how good he really is?
2. Am I the only one seeing 4-7 teams in bowl games?
3. How can 7-4 Tennessee be ranked ahead of 8 10-1 teams, and get the at-large berth to a BCS game? I see some strange things in the polls throughout the year....teams with 4 losses are getting in the Top 10 ALOT...even Boise State at 6-3 was #11?! Seems that the poll engine is seriously flawed.
4. How can 12-0 Texas Tech team not play in the NC when two 2-loss teams are? Guess this goes back to question #3, but geez......

These are the most pressing questions I'm having after playing for the last two weeks...maybe none of these are game-killers, but they sure do take away from the fun. Anyway, I realize all but one of the above can't likely be fixed...but if you know of a workaround for the QB thing, please share your findings!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major Problems?

What I have been doing is individually simulating each game in the top 25 column of my Dynasty if the stats don’t look right I reload the game & do it over until it looks right. Make sure to save the game after each game is SIMED to your liking. This process is time consuming but its right
Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

As far as I know, there is no workaround to the QB stats other than lowering everyone's accuracy (which you can't do with incoming freshman) or changing all the coaching tendencies. I don't know how effective either method is, but I don't care enough to spend the time trying to figure it out.

I noticed that 2 and 3 loss teams are ranked awfully high, but I haven't noticed someone getting as screwed over as you mentioned here. I went undefeated with Missouri and played an undefeated Michigan team in the rose bowl in year 1 of my dynasty.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Okay, my question....with these outrageous sim stats, does this affect the progression ridiculously? Or is the progression ok?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Okay, my question....with these outrageous sim stats, does this affect the progression ridiculously? Or is the progression ok?
I don't think in-season progression is tied to performance. I've had several true freshmen increase 2-4 points overall without getting a second of playing time, while my 2nd-string running back rushed for over 1400 yards and only went up 3 points.

My guess is that a player's performance impacts his progression only slightly (if at all), while his potential rating, which is "hidden" (unless you scouted him during recruiting), is a more accurate indicator of how he'll progress. It would be interesting to learn how the two play off each other, if they do at all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I know it's a pain in the azz but basically if you don't plan on playing more than 3 years you could do what I did and that is lower every single QB's accuarcy rating down 10-15%.

I used a scale and Leinart has the Highest rating at 92 with 3 guy's at 90 and then it drops down 10-15% for all other QB's. I know it doesn't effect the incoming recruits but most of them don't start right way so it balances out things pretty good. I did a SIM test and for about 3 years it worked out pretty good but then the ROBO recruits at QB starting taking over most starting jobs after 2-3 years and #'s went back up.

So, you can get by for 3 years with pretty good stats. Also, I changed every single teams RUN/PASS ratio in the game. If you combine those changes then SIM every game individually (Which is kinda time consuming) until you check the stats too see if they look good before going on to the next games you can get it under control better throughout the country. When I say SIM games I mean you have to literally go and SIM 1-3 CPU games at a time. Save the results if you like them or reset it and try again usually they come up pretty good after 1-2 tries. Takes about 15 Minute at the most to do every game that week. Then you can go and play your actual game on the schedule that week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »