Home

Anyone getting my problem with way over-inflated human OL pancakes?

This is a discussion on Anyone getting my problem with way over-inflated human OL pancakes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone getting my problem with way over-inflated human OL pancakes?

I had the same problem until I finally got so fed up with it that I diceded to take drastic measures and it seems to be working well. Year two of my dynasty I, like everyone else, had lots of O linemen up for awards and wanting to leave. This didnt bother me as much as what happend when I went to the off season. All I had under interested prospects was o linemen! i was pissed. So I looked around and found a relativly easy solution without subbing in your entire 2nd team. Simply rotate in a few of the 2nd string O linemen via putting them in particular formations that you run occasionaly throughout the game. I did this (replacing my beast right tackle in two formations) and found that i was no where near o linemen of the year. I did have a decent ammount of pancakes (40 i think) and made all conference but he didnt leave, i get a wider range of recruits and i am happy. hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalitunabonsai
I had the same problem until I finally got so fed up with it that I diceded to take drastic measures and it seems to be working well. Year two of my dynasty I, like everyone else, had lots of O linemen up for awards and wanting to leave. This didnt bother me as much as what happend when I went to the off season. All I had under interested prospects was o linemen! i was pissed. So I looked around and found a relativly easy solution without subbing in your entire 2nd team. Simply rotate in a few of the 2nd string O linemen via putting them in particular formations that you run occasionaly throughout the game. I did this (replacing my beast right tackle in two formations) and found that i was no where near o linemen of the year. I did have a decent ammount of pancakes (40 i think) and made all conference but he didnt leave, i get a wider range of recruits and i am happy. hope this helps.
Interesting idea. I do the same thing with Michigan's RB Kevin Grady, using him in one-back formations. I also use my "speedier" fullback in strong and weak formations as a running threat on that fullback "loop" play (forgot the name).
Old 08-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

its mind boggling how these screw ups get into the final copy of the game. Any moron can see that if you play every game of a season on the DEFAULT difficulty with the DEFAULT sliders, all of the finalists for best OL of the year will be your lineman.... I could cut them more slack with the inflated qb stats because maybe they just dont know about football stats, but seeing your OL up there for ol of the year is just so damn easy to spot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have the same problems as everyone else with terrible lineman even. I just wanted to throw out a laugh at the dude who had the entire first and second team All-American offensive line. I'm trying to picture the other schools in your conference trying to talk an O-line recruit into going to their school instead of yours. or even their d-line recruits into coming there. though i would guess d-line recruits may not want to go against these guys everyday in practice.

the stats are even worse if you're a 70% runner like me. i get double the pancakes and since i never pass accept the rare play action bomb, i only get sacked once or twice a season. When I do, it's on plays that the men who sack me are unnasigned to blockers since they are supposed to tackle the runningback on the play action. I finished a season with Arkansas with no sacks credited to anyone on my o-line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »