Home

Just an interesting note...

This is a discussion on Just an interesting note... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Just an interesting note...

I was playing last night and had a great experience with the game and wanted to share it.

I am in my second year of a PSU dynasty. My first season I was 7-4 and lost to UCLA in the Sun Bowl. Anyway I played Ohio State and got beat pretty good 37-16. Tough loss couldn't do anything. But they are a far superior team.

So anyway into my second season. Again Playing Ohio State who is 3-0 and #1. I was 2-0 and ranked 24. Had a 50-14 win over Akron and a 28-16 win over Notre Dame. I was feeling pretty good about keeping this one close with OSU.

So game starts OSU score early and leads 7-0. I come back and move the ball a little bit to tie it up. 7-7. Then a pick and I am going in for another score. Anyway, Morelli fumbles and OSU kicks a field goal. After this OSU takes over and by the start of the 4th is winning 52-13. Needless to say I wasn't real happy.

Anyway, here's the part I thought was cool. They put in the second teamers and I end up scoring 2 td's and got the score back to 52-26. Just thought it was great that I was able to move the ball way better with my starters against there backups. This is how it should be and leads me to believe the ratings really matter.

Anyway, not much of a story but interesting to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Just an interesting note...

Ratings definitely matter. Right now I'm stuck with some young linebackers who are talented but have low awareness and then I have some jr's and sr's that are lower-rated but have higher awareness. Well anyway, my defense has been awful in my first two games against Ohio and Miss. St. so I'm thinking about subbing out the younger guys and playing the guys with more awareness. I'm getting nothing out of them in run support.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

Yeh, I think the awareness really makes a difference for defenders. And the composure ratings for sure.

In the beginning of the OSU game I played it seemed pretty even. But then I had some fumbles and my team fell apart. All of a sudden I couldn't do anything. And I have a pretty much new offensive Line who I could see getting rattled early in the Horseshoe after some turnovers. Same with my defensive backfield.

Interesting stuff.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

i just upset number 1 usc in my dynasty with washington. i beat them 49-21 with playmakers classic sliders. i dont know if it was a fluke or what.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Anyway, not much of a story but interesting to me.
I like this too. When you are playing a video game and you see some minor detail of realism that you weren't expecting....Like getting a couple of meaningless scores in garbage time. It was a few years back, but I thought it was cool the first time I saw a game where fans emptied out of the stadium if the home team was getting stomped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #6
MVP

cch99's Arena

Too bad it looks like that was my last game. Seems my PS2 has died. It started doing some odd things last night then started making this funky sound. It was the disc spinning but it sounded like it was grinding or something was grinding. I take the disc out and it is all scratched up.

I basically couldn't get it to play then again. Anyway, so then I messed with the tray a little bit and went and got Madden today. Seemed to be playing ok. Then boom it starts making the same noise. The game just keeps freezing up.

Sucks.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Try cleaning your PS2? I didnt clean mine for like 2 years and half my games would not work. Then I put in a cleaning cd and it worked like a charm.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

Fierce2k4's Arena

OVR: 5

I had a similiar scenario in my dynasty with North Carolina. It was in my 1st, and I had just come off a heart break lost to Miami, game went down to the last snap. But anyway a week or two later I went up againt vtech (ranked like 5 in the nation). There was nothing I can do, I didnt force one punt, and I couldnt even get past the 50 on offense. So in the 3rd quarter vtech is up 42-0 (lol,sad I know) and they put their 2nd team in. Finally we start movin the ball and scoring very very rapidly. I was able to score 35 points in like a quarter and a half, so now its 42-35 with a min to go in the 4th and im going for an onside kick but they recover and kneel the ball to win. But ratings make a HUGE difference in this years game. Good rated teams are good...Bad rated teams are BAD in real life, and they are in the game as well. Good Job EA
College Football Team: Florida State Seminoles
College Basketball Team: UNC Tar Heels

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »