Home

Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

This is a discussion on Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?
Yes 182 86.26%
No, I am playing Madden now 23 10.90%
No, I am playing another game now 6 2.84%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

I've made the switch to Madden 06. It's a much more sophisticated, cerebral game of football than NCAA 06.

NCAA 06 is really well done and really fun, but it has more of a "Tecmo" feel to it than Madden with the ease of the long pass and over-effectiveness of the Impact Players on both sides of the ball.

Once I played Madden for a couple of hours, it was all I wanted to play. It forces you to "think football" while playing the way Winning Eleven 8 forces you to "think soccer" while playing it.

I really like that "chess match" aspect of sports gaming, and very few games deliver that experience to you. Madden 06 does and NCAA 06 doesn't for me this year, so my allegiance has switched to Madden.

But for those who want a looser, more arcadish, fun game of football or who just love college football, NCAA 06 is a very good game.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I've made the switch to Madden 06. It's a much more sophisticated, cerebral game of football than NCAA 06.

NCAA 06 is really well done and really fun, but it has more of a "Tecmo" feel to it than Madden with the ease of the long pass and over-effectiveness of the Impact Players on both sides of the ball.

Once I played Madden for a couple of hours, it was all I wanted to play. It forces you to "think football" while playing the way Winning Eleven 8 forces you to "think soccer" while playing it.

I really like that "chess match" aspect of sports gaming, and very few games deliver that experience to you. Madden 06 does and NCAA 06 doesn't for me this year, so my allegiance has switched to Madden.

But for those who want a looser, more arcadish, fun game of football or who just love college football, NCAA 06 is a very good game.

Take care,
PK
I won't play Madden again until they fix the stupid commentary.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789
Well, I'm glad to see that quality gameplay isn't important to you. Ever consider turning off the commentary?

Not playing possibly the most advanced football sim ever on a console because of the commentary ranks right up there with people pissed off that certain players are wearing the wrong-colored wristbands. Unbelievable.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Dont plan on getting Madden until 360...So NCAA will definetly tide me over
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I dont like the NFL that much, I prefer college football thus NCAA will always be more attractive to me than any NFL game. By the way if you want to keep a series relatively fresh it helps not to buy the game every year especially with EA games as they change very gradually anyway. I havent bought Madden in 3 years, I bought NFL 2k5 last year and I think that'll be enough to satisfy my occasional desire to play a NFL game for at least the coming year.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789

That's a pretty bad reason not to play a game. I don't think I've listened to in-game commentary in about 6 years. I just bump some music while I'm playing.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #15
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm definitely playing NCAA.

Just got XBL, so that's all I've been doing lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #16
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK47
I dont like the NFL that much, I prefer college football thus NCAA will always be more attractive to me than any NFL game. By the way if you want to keep a series relatively fresh it helps not to buy the game every year especially with EA games as they change very gradually anyway. I havent bought Madden in 3 years, I bought NFL 2k5 last year and I think that'll be enough to satisfy my occasional desire to play a NFL game for at least the coming year.
same for me. I don't follow any NFL teams, so it is hard for me to stay interested in Madden. I think 2003 was the last Madden I bought (whichever one had Faulk on the front).

The problem is, I'm not really playing much NCAA this year either. Maybe I'll get more into it once the real season starts. It is a fun game though

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »