Home

Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

This is a discussion on Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?
Yes 182 86.26%
No, I am playing Madden now 23 10.90%
No, I am playing another game now 6 2.84%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

I have both right now for the xbox. I find NCAA's graphics to show more texture on the players and i think ultimately the gameplay might be equal. Im a graphics junkie and i really dont like the graphics on the xbox version of madden, so i'll buy it for the PC and play it there once it comes out next week.

So i guess
Xbox: NCAA
PC: Madden.

To bad i wont be able to use the draft classes...

I would give them all up for espn 2K6 though...oh well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #42
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

[quote=pk500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns

So clearly you hold Madden to a higher standard than NCAA, because the Mario running in NCAA is ridiculous while it has been toned down in Madden.

It seems to me that Mario running is one of the reasons you think Madden has "crap gameplay" yet you're willing to give the excessive Mario running in NCAA 06 a free pass?

Scratching my head on that one. Just admit your 2K bias, move on and enjoy NFL 2K5, because you're really contradicting yourself here. I really enjoyed NFL 2K5, but the horrid defensive back AI was much more of a gameplay flaw than Mario running in Madden.

Take care,
PK
I don't really have a choice for any other ncaa game to play, it has to be ncaa 2006. I do somewhat have a choice in nfl, I can play last year's NFL2k5, a superior game. My roommates are going to play ncaa2006, so I will too. They won't play madden, however, because they think it sucks.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me to have a bias, but I have just played both and have figured out that NFL2k5 is a superior game. Defensive back AI could be fixed with sliders, mario running can't. Inexcusable, really.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

[quote=mugginns]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me to have a bias, but I have just played both and have figured out that NFL2k5 is a superior game. Defensive back AI could be fixed with sliders, mario running can't. Inexcusable, really.
Mario running is not the game killer terrible CPU QB play was in 2K5. 2K5 was a good game but had a ton of flaws. Sliders could fix a lot of the problems but there was no fix for terrible CPU QB decision making and it killed the game for me.

That's what I love about NCAA. Great QBs can kill you with both their legs and their arms.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #44
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

Well I played my first complete game of Madden, preseason game with the Chargers. After playing that game and playing about 20 games of NCAA, I find that NCAA is a lot more fun. I don't know why it is, but I can never get into an NFL game. I spent some time in practice mode looking for a team to go with and nobody really stood out. I wanted to go with the Browns, but they are just pitiful. In NFL games I need to do a fantasy draft to make it fun for me. NCAA just has more to offer in less. Madden there are to many different options to monkey around with. I think if there was just a regular season mode, no franchise stuff I would find it more fun.

I think the biggest reason I find NCAA more fun to play is there are so many teams to chose from and the fact that you don't have to worry about contracts for the next season, don't have to worry about losing players. I like recruiting more as well. Drafting, especially with exporting the draft classes you already have an idea of how good the players are. I guess the main point of this is that I'm having a lot of fun playing NCAA, just after one game. The main reason is I can't find a team to play with. I may end up just fantasy drafting a team and going with that, I hate doing it, but it's the only way to make it fun for me. NCAA you can put in 1AA teams, like I did with New Hampshire. It's fun to try and rebuild a team as well.

Hopefully you could get a little of that.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 08-12-2005, 10:06 PM   #45
MVP

rpac44's Arena

OVR: 7

right now im playing ncaa race for the heisman so i can be a "superstar" in madden, but when i play online ive been playing madden
NHL-Blackhawks
MLB-White Sox
EPL-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789
I won't play Madden again until they fix the stupid commentary.
WTF......

The things some people say about the reasons they don't like a game is becoming quite confusing to me.

Anyways, I enjoy both games and plan on running season multiple seasons side by side. I think Madden is top notch this year and NCAA is like crack if you get the game to fit your style of play.

This has been the best video football game year for me in quite sometime. I've played these games for over 10 years but never have either one kept my attention span aslong as this year. Now, if only EA can deliver the knockout blow with NBA Live I'll be in video game heaven until next summer.....
Old 08-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I have both games but haven't played NCAA since Madden came out. I agree with PK that madden is a very strategic game this year. The vision cone adds such depth to the passing game and to me makes the passing game very realistic. While it is difficult to master I am really enjoying it. The practice mode in madden is really a great teacher for figuring out where you need to go with the ball in certain situations. When I play on all madden difficulty level and win, it is a very rewarding experience that I don't get in other games.

As far as not playing the game because of commentary, that is just ridiculous. People make the commentary out to be the worst thing in the world. On another note the Madden soundtrack is outstanding this year imo. The nfl films remixes are outstanding.

Does anyone think they will incorporate the vision cone in NCAA next year?

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either game thats why I had to get both.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #48
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Been playing Madden more but only because of the preason games....In the end I will end playing NCAA more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »