Home

Coverage Audibles?

This is a discussion on Coverage Audibles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Coverage Audibles?

I'm having a little trouble understanding what it says in the manual about changing coverage audibles. It seems to say the wrong thing, or at least it doesn't seem to work in game. Anyways, it says this:

to call for coverage audible (adjusting the Secondary), press Y
for a man shift, press A; for Cover 2 Man press X
To man up the receivers, press Y then A; pressing Y then moving (right stick) when playing zone coverage shifts safeties to the left or right

This is the part I'm having trouble with. I've tried pressing Y then A, but nothing seems to happen. What does it mean exactly? Is the manual just repeating itself when it says hitting A will man shift/man up receivers? Is man shift & man up receivers the same thing?

A little clarification would be great. Does this mean a double team? changing from zone to man?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

Re: Coverage Audibles?

If nothing happens you probably are already playing a man or zone.

Zone = players contain themselves in area of a field. With no responsibility on covering a receiver just a 'zone'

Man - A CB will 'man-up' and follow the WR on a route. His responsibility is the WR

Doubling - A CB and FS/SS will take responsibility on BOTH covering the WR at the same time.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Pro

imdahman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
If nothing happens you probably are already playing a man or zone.

Zone = players contain themselves in area of a field. With no responsibility on covering a receiver just a 'zone'

Man - A CB will 'man-up' and follow the WR on a route. His responsibility is the WR

Doubling - A CB and FS/SS will take responsibility on BOTH covering the WR at the same time.
Okay, i knew what zone defence and man defence were. So if nothing's happening, it's because I'm already doing it.... but do I have to have the selected player to zone/man him? IE, if one of my CBs is playing a zone and I want to shift him to man, do I first have to select him specificially? Technically, is this a way I'd dbl a WR? IE, my CB is already playing man, but my Safety is zone, so I select my safety and then switch him to man?

So I guess it's pointless to call a coverage audible if I'm using a defensive set that has both man and zone? like... uhh... man, cover 2?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

To be honest I really dont touch my coverage audibles excepting for moving my safeties around, I will look at the manual and do a little testing at home in about 2 hours, and let you know.

I change my coverage with LBs alot though...

Helpful thread: HERE
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
Pro

imdahman's Arena

cool, cool. thanks..... from the sounds of it, you can't specifically pick a safety to dbl team a WR.... kinda sucky but oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

I was wondering the same thing. I'd be in a Cover 3 and want to man-up the receivers, so I'd hit triangle then right on the D-pad like the manual says. I'd check my coverages and they'd still be in zone. All the other things work right like man shift and bumping safeties to the right or left and to the line. All the Deep audibles work just not the one to switch from a zone to man. I hate those people that motion their receivers to check what defense you are in and I can't go from a zone to man so i can't counter it sometimes. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbleek
I was wondering the same thing. I'd be in a Cover 3 and want to man-up the receivers, so I'd hit triangle then right on the D-pad like the manual says. I'd check my coverages and they'd still be in zone. All the other things work right like man shift and bumping safeties to the right or left and to the line. All the Deep audibles work just not the one to switch from a zone to man. I hate those people that motion their receivers to check what defense you are in and I can't go from a zone to man so i can't counter it sometimes. Thanks for your help.
The "man up" is to fake like youre playing man, but still drop back into zone. It's just a shift basically, it doesnt change the coverage to man. You can switch up coverages by DB audibling and then the 4 different shoulder buttons.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I believe that the "man up" audible also causes your CBs to bump at the line, slightly disrupting routes before they drop back into coverage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »