Home

Probation?

This is a discussion on Probation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Probation?

In my Carolina dynasty, Im beginning to run into a discipline problem. After my first year I lowered the disicipline percentage of my budget to about 10% because I had no points to recruit with as a 3 star program. As I got more successful with my seasons, I gradually added to the discipline budget, but its a still around 15%.

So now Im in my 4th season, we are 7-0 and #3 in the country, and 5 games away from finishing a perfect regular season. I had a few minor discipline problems, two of my starters grades were down so I had to sit them out a few games early in the year, using all but 1 of my points. So now I get word before the Virginia Tech game that my backup QB has been paying people to take tests for him, and its recommended I suspend him for the rest of the season. I would normally, but 1 discipline point cant even suspend him a quarter, so I do nothing and my NCAA interest level is now over half. I simmed out the season to see what would happen, and before the bowl game, the same player committed another major offense, so the bar was completely full, and after the season I went on probation. I didnt save because I plan on playing out the rest of the season.

So heres my question, if I dont have any other discipline issues the rest of the year, will I still go on probation? That would suck in the long run, but Ive got most of a very good team coming back next year, so its not a big problem short term.

And another question, does having a lower discipline budget and punishing players more leniently than the CPU suggests cause you to lower your academic rating? I started out in 2005 with a 5 star academic rating, now its fallen to 3 stars and Im not sure as to why. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
Rookie

TomHolmoe's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Probation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
And another question, does having a lower discipline budget and punishing players more leniently than the CPU suggests cause you to lower your academic rating? I started out in 2005 with a 5 star academic rating, now its fallen to 3 stars and Im not sure as to why. Thanks
I'm starting to think that discipline is the only thing that affects (or "effects" as the morons who worked on the game would say) academic prestige. I've been recruiting only players with A- or better awareness and good or excellent discipline ratings, with one or two averages if they're incredible athletes in positions of need. I've been punishing the problem players more than the CPU suggests to get the interest bar down to nearly nothing, but after my 4th season, in which I had a few discipline problems, I lost another star on my academic rating. This was immediately after I entered the offseason, so it was obviously for things that happened during the season, and I don't think it was the number of players leaving early because I convinced something like 6 of the 8 who wanted to leave early to come back for next season. I had 16 seniors "graduate" and only two players leave early (one for the draft, another was a transfer).

So what we have here is a poorly conceived and implemented feature (academic prestige) that is based on another poorly conceived and implemented feature (player discipline). Good job, guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »