Home

I just went 18/29 with JeMarcus Russell

This is a discussion on I just went 18/29 with JeMarcus Russell within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #9
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I just went 18/29 with JeMarcus Russell

I had a really interesting game yesterday. In year three of my OSU franchise, I opened at home against Syracuse. Rob Schoenhoft threw four interceptions in the first quarter and I yanked him, bringing in Todd Boeckman who went 17/24 with 4 TD's and no INT's in 2 quarters. With a comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter (I was up 38-10 or something), I brought Schoenhoft back in who promptly threw ANOTHER interception. He did eventually throw one TD pass, and his numbers were actually fairly good, minus the INT's. I always chalk up mistakes to myself, but apparently these two QB's were actually having decidedly different games.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #10
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
Sure, I consistently complete 60% of my passes. What helps me out is getting the backs and tight ends involved in the passing game. Those throws are usually high percentage so in general it helps your completeion percentage.
When they catch them
Old 08-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #11
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
Work the short routes to boost your completion rating, which will also open up deeper routes....Just like running the ball will set up the Play Action, the defense AI is designed to notice patterns. If you're constantly throwing downfield, which are lower percentage plays naturally, the defensive AI will adapt to that. Mix up the play calling, establish the run, and work the play action.
Seems like deeper plays are higher percentage in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #12
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Seems like deeper plays are higher percentage in this game.

The flats look to the flats especially if they are sending heat..... If they are running alot of zone try flooding one side and throwing underneath or find find a hole between the first and second level of zone. Look for single coverage against man defense you can usally get a reception there is the WR are holding on to the ball.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #13
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6

I usually complete 65-70% of my passes. If you throw out to flats and run the ball it will open the PA. Also throw screens. Its like in real life easy passes + easy completions= Efficient.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with Michigan and in Season 2, Henne is completing 62% of his passes and Forcier in garbge time is completing 71%. Default sliders on AA. I generally use a good mix of passes and try to play realistically with short and long passes. I generally throw shorter routes with Forcier to not run up the score too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »