Home

What is the difference between Balanced and West Coast

This is a discussion on What is the difference between Balanced and West Coast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 5
What is the difference between Balanced and West Coast

In the coaching setup is offensive style of play. It can be Spread, Option Run, Flexbone, West Coast and Balanced.

So what is the difference between Balanced and West Coast? Does one utilize the TE or FB more than the other? Is the run/pass blocking schemes different?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

Re: What is the difference between Balanced and West Coast

Anyone...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2
Cool Re: What is the difference between Balanced and West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
Anyone...
do you have the game?

if so, then use both playbooks in the practice mode to see what the differences are.

Is common sense so fleeting these days or are people really this lazy...

i
Old 09-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
do you have the game?

if so, then use both playbooks in the practice mode to see what the differences are.

Is common sense so fleeting these days or are people really this lazy...

i
Lazy? It is obvious you have no idea how much time I've spent playing/commenting/tweaking this game and others.

I'm not asking about the actual playbook, but the difference when it is selected in the coach options and then a game is quick simmed.

Don't you think I thought of using the practice mode? But is it a true indicator of the actual playbooks vs. the simple sim option? For instance, there is no "Spread" or "Flexbone" offense, even the Balanced playbook is divided. So which Balanced is it? What if I asked the question -- what is the difference between the Spread and the Flexbone?

Instead of making snarky comments, read the post closely and then come up with a helpful response.

The effort is being done to help others here who want realistic results from simming games.

Last edited by vgunn; 09-09-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Balanced is your typical team that runs the ball almost as much as passes the ball.

A West Coast offense is like balance however they pass a little bit more, but those passes are very short. Montana made it famous with the 49ers. It almost takes the place of your running game. Quick flats, in's, slants, etc. It typically kills zone defenses, and yields high completion percentages for your quarterback. It also allows you to get rid of the ball quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »