Home

Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21
Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist

I figured it's never too early. Here are a few things that I've thought that would be cool with the expanded capabilities of the next gen machines.

Team Entrances: Tennessee through the T, Clemson down the Hill, Chief Osceola (sp?) for FSU with the spear, dotting the i for OSU, 2001 Space Odyssey for South Carolina, fog for Miami, etc. etc. etc.

Gameday with Fowler, Herby, and Corso: With the ESPN license coming on board for next years game, I figure this is a shoe-in, but I still think it could be cool.

Commentary: I assume they will overload the commentary, but I've been expecting this for years, so I'm not holding my breath. I'd really like to hear Ron Franklin. That man could be calling anything and just hearing his voice makes me think of Saturday night college football. Best announcer IMO.

What about you guys? Any ideas? No flaming from the EA haters please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist

I'd like to see more than 1 set of announcers, due to ESPN having more than 1 in real life... but I'm not really holding my breath.

I'd like the gameplay to work right out of the box, without slider formulas and extensive tweaking needed. 1 or 2 tweaks and I'd like to have a realistic game with realistic stats.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'd like to see a more true year round recruiting.

I'd like to have some of the stadiums corrected.

I'd like to see in-game injuries like this - guy gets hurt, breaks a finger, whatever - ok when he comes back in he needs to have a cast or wrap on, that'd be cool.

I'd like to see more spontaneous emotion on the field somehow, more context sensitive animations - we have too many canned animations right now. On the field scuffles seperated by the refs, coaches screaming at the refs, players jawing at eachother pre-play and post-play, etc. Just more EMOTION!!

A true halftime show -with real in-game highlights like TD throws, long runs or lowlights like missed opportunites, interceptions, etc.

A post game show with a full recap and a player of the game with a post game interview with the coach or a key player - full ESPN presentation ofcourse.

Better in season simulated stats.

Maybe a summer practice schedule so you can work out recruits before deciding who you want to cut. Like a practice mode built into the season. Maybe you'd get 3 offensive, 3 defensive and 3 special teams practices.

That's all for now.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-14-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Good ideas guys. I like the idea of a 'training camp' mode similar to that of madden. Maybe something with spring/fall practice, somehow working that into the equation somehow.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

coaching carousel ala sega sports college basketball. if you've never played it, you start at a small school and you have to work your way up along with hiring assistants. pretty well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Banned

Head Coach's Arena

OVR: 4

Better player entrances,the ones from last years game was better than this years. I imagine with the new PS3 coming out they will be able to add a lot more detailed things to the game.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I would like them to make it a little tougher to lob it deep into triple coverage. I don't want to feel guilty when I complete a long pass.

I want my wide open recievers to catch the 5 yard passes.

What makes this game great is the atmosphere. Lets make it better. I want EA to watch some college football and take notes. Listen to the bands....yeah they do the fight songs, but they play alot of other stuff when the team doesn't score a touchdown. The "Hey Song" for example and other covers. These little touches will really add to it.

Team entrances as others have suggested. They really put you in the mood.

The commentary is good, but it has been several years now. Lets step up the variety.

No goofy features like Road to the Heisman. Leave the RPG's to Dungeons and Dragons. Stick with what you are good at.....College Football.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:32 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 27

I just want to see it out for PSP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »