Home

15 DROPPED PASSES

This is a discussion on 15 DROPPED PASSES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2005, 03:39 AM   #25
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 15 DROPPED PASSES

from above post:

"I still think EA did a bad programming job on the xbox version."

Wow, that's a revelation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2005, 04:15 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

nope, not a revelation. a well known fact.

Last edited by deathstar21; 09-27-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #27
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

I am not saying who's right and who's wrong, but I have the XBOX version and I have had very little problems with dropped passes. I have HFA turned off and I have QB accuracy and WR catching at 99 for both Human and CPU. I mainly throw normal passes, but occassionally bullet some passes as well. I am sure others have had different experiences than me, but I have only had the dropsies in one game in 2 seasons of dynasty and the HFA was on at that time.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstar21
Guys, bigant is right. I have the XBOX version and my guys were dropping passes left and right. I rented the ps2 version and I have played three games so far and have only had two drops, and I have not adjusted the sliders at all. playing on AA.
I think this is the thing. Some people want to see only 2 drops in 3 games. That is anything BUT realistic, especially in college football. For example, I've seen all 3 of UNC's games this season, and they've easily had about 20 drops so far. Balls hitting receivers right in the chest with no defender within a few yards of them. And these are very experienced receivers. I've seen plenty of drops in many other games I've watched, too.

Granted, 15 drops in one game is quite excessive, but I can honestly say I haven't seen anywhere near that amount (on the XBox version). I probably average about 2-3 per game. How do I get these results? Turned Easy Catching ON, maxed out the Catching slider, and don't throw bullet passes everytime. Almost all of my drops are either bullets or where the defender got there right when the ball did. I don't manually catch the ball and I'm no NCAA Football 06 expert, so if I (and a few others here) can get these results, it baffles me how so many others can't.

Oh, and I play with HFA turned ON, also. I had to turn it off last year to help with the drops, but this year, just doing what I mentioned above was all I needed to do.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Drops are still a problem this year, just not as bad as last year. It is mostly on crossing patterns. They rarely drop a post or fly. The thing is don't get down on yourself, the CPU has the same problems on the same patterns. It's just built into the engine. The sooner you can just let it go and be ok with it the sooner you'll just enjoy the game.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #30
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Drops are still a problem this year, just not as bad as last year. It is mostly on crossing patterns. They rarely drop a post or fly. The thing is don't get down on yourself, the CPU has the same problems on the same patterns. It's just built into the engine. The sooner you can just let it go and be ok with it the sooner you'll just enjoy the game.
I disagree with this statement and I have proven it, I was the one who told Deathstar to switch versions and he is reporting the EXACT same thing that I did. There is a problem with the XBOX version, I don't know why people don't want to grasp that. I'm doing nothing different than I did with the XBOX version, yet I'm having way better results, I don't think that's a concidence. I'm calling the same plays, using the same teams, but NOT getting dropped passess on the PS2.

It's not user error and all this other BS. It is the XBOX version, which has been long reported to have this issue, but never officially confirmed. I'd like to think that I've pretty much confirmed that, but everyone wants to keep babbling on with their useless rhetoric instead of listening to what someone who has played both versions and seen a difference has to say. I really don't care anymore I have made my point, you can either listen or not, it really doesn't affect me (And no Jistic I don't want you to think that this whole post was not aimed at you just because I used your quotes).
Old 09-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
I disagree with this statement and I have proven it, I was the one who told Deathstar to switch versions and he is reporting the EXACT same thing that I did. There is a problem with the XBOX version, I don't know why people don't want to grasp that. I'm doing nothing different than I did with the XBOX version, yet I'm having way better results, I don't think that's a concidence. I'm calling the same plays, using the same teams, but NOT getting dropped passess on the PS2.

It's not user error and all this other BS. It is the XBOX version, which has been long reported to have this issue, but never officially confirmed. I'd like to think that I've pretty much confirmed that, but everyone wants to keep babbling on with their useless rhetoric instead of listening to what someone who has played both versions and seen a difference has to say. I really don't care anymore I have made my point, you can either listen or not, it really doesn't affect me (And no Jistic I don't want you to think that this whole post was not aimed at you just because I used your quotes).

See man, I am not attacking you, but you keep saying things like "I guarantee" and "I proved it". Uh, no you can't guarantee anything, and no you did not prove anything. Just as many people have typed that they have the Xbox version and have no problems like you have "guaranteed" people. I chose to quote you because of such bold and wrong statements like this one and your previous ones. So many people like yourself have one experience one way and that means that that is final, that is how it is for everyone period, and you will even GUARANTEE it. Just because somebody named deathstar agrees with you does NOT mean you "proved" anything at all. NO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
See man, I am not attacking you, but you keep saying things like "I guarantee" and "I proved it". Uh, no you can't guarantee anything, and no you did not prove anything. Just as many people have typed that they have the Xbox version and have no problems like you have "guaranteed" people. I chose to quote you because of such bold and wrong statements like this one and your previous ones. So many people like yourself have one experience one way and that means that that is final, that is how it is for everyone period, and you will even GUARANTEE it. Just because somebody named deathstar agrees with you does NOT mean you "proved" anything at all. NO.
You people are arguing about things that aren't mutually exclusive. BigAnt and others from his camp need to understand that while it there may very well be fewer drops in the PS2 version, the XBOX version is not PLAGUED with a drop problem that can't be worked around. Last year there were drops on both systems but much more on XBOX than PS2. I believe it may be the same this year. HOWEVER, I play on XBOX and I can tell you that learning to put more touch on passes reduces it to a non-issue.

So to sum up, I think the passing game on XBOX has more drops than PS2. On this I believe BigAnt. But learning to put a lot of touch on your passes on XBOX will also give you a good realistic passing game, so the other guys aren't lying either. If you believe that no wide opendrops happen in real life then I suggest you turn your TV on on saturday afternoon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »