Home

How many people are still playing this game consistantly???

This is a discussion on How many people are still playing this game consistantly??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How many people are still playing this game consistantly???

I still play about 15-20 games a week. In Season 4 in LOD league and dont plan on putting this game down until 07 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: How many people are still playing this game consistantly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I still love this game, Madden has no personality, no atomosphere, I can't get into it, I play a close game and still get bored. There seems to be something special about NCAA that makes the games much more fun to play.
Amen, brother. I have been playing both Madden and NCAA since '99, but Madden wore off so quickly each season, I would salivate over the weekend's college action, then pop in Madden on late Sunday afternoon and sim the week.

I love the feel and atmosphere of the college game (which is a big reason I am sticking with HFA, despite some of the comments I have read). I am basically trying to keep up with the current season. Although I am 'controlling' USC and Oregon, I play any and all games that interest me, especially those worthy of reporting on in my Dynasty Manager NCAA page.

I don't really have the time to fly thru multiple seasons, what with work, family, church, etc. tugging at my time. And being a sports junkie, I am into just about anything sports there is. Finally managed to put baseball to bed for the winter, but NCAA still has to compete against NFL 2k5 (finally a pro game that brings the FUN back into the mix!), NASCAR's Nextel Chase for the Cup, the start of my NHL season, my six international soccer leagues with Winning Eleven and now pro and college hoops are gearing up. (This doesn't even take into account my Universal Baseball Association, plus my horse racing and boxing seasons on my PC).
College Hoops 2k8: Duke, Winston-Salem State
Old 11-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #67
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I've gotten to a point where I'm playing NCAA a lot more than Madden. I found a great set of sliders. It's great.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

I didn't even buy Madden this year because I'm not a big fan of that game. With that being said, I'm still playing this game at least once everyday. I have a dynasty(not on here) that I just started about a week ago and am in season 2 with Notre Dame. I am like a recruiting maniac, so I love recruiting. That is where Ncaa > Madden comes in at.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #69
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I just started a Penn State dynasty over again, due to how good they are playing this year. So I made a few player edits for the better, and I want to make a run at the National championship, or at least as close as possible.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #70
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The game has been out for three months now and this board has seemed to have died. I personally played 4 years of my dynasty mode, but I've strayed over to Madden because the short passing in NCAA drives me crazy, while it's fantastic in Madden.

I haven't touched NCAA in about three weeks now, but I'll have to get my Penn State dynasty rolling again since they are in the Top 10.
I am still getting a kick out of playing this game, I enjoy recruiting and building a program myself. I took temple to a bowl game, I chose them because they are always playing powerhouse school that want an easy win to maintain their bowl eligibility.
won 2 games my first year. 4 my second year 7 my third year but was not invited to a bowl game. (probaly a computer glitch) JK. 8 my fourth year and was invited to the motor city bowl against Iowa St and lost 28-7
I tend to play games late saturday night or tuesday evening.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #71
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Well I officially put this game up on Ebay tonight. I just can't get into it anymore. Sad day.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #72
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

I just finished season 1 of my Canes dynasty where I went 13-0 including the Rose Bowl against #2 Florida. I completely LOVED IT after not playing this game for a LONG while. Now, I usually play one game per day Mon.-Wed. and then as much as I can Thur.-Sat. I use Jistics latest sliders and I couldn't be any happier with the results combined with some good recruiting house rules.

So now I'm trying the whole "alternate seasons between madden/ncaa" method, however, I'm really not liking it all the much. LOL. Everytime I play Madden, I look at my NCAA 06 case everynow and then just "itching" to pop it back in. There's just something NCAA has over Madden....the atmosphere...recruiting...the meaning of playing for your school vs. playing for a contract...the broken run blocking system in Madden.

You know what forget Madden. NCAA it is (...and of course City of Villains!)

Peace!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »