Home

How about some advice inside the 5?

This is a discussion on How about some advice inside the 5? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2005, 01:59 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
How about some advice inside the 5?

I'm having trouble punching it in close. I can't read if the D is in zone or man if I'm in goalline. The zones the D plays seems to cover the entire field w/just 3 players. & you have to get rid of it quickly or its a guaranteed sack. Quick hitters up the middle seem to just end u in traffic jams @ the LOS.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How about some advice inside the 5?

I usually punch it up the middle with my FB or QB, passes to the flats seem to work well too.

The triple option is nice there too......
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've had some success running the toss sweep in the goalline formation, which is surprising because it usually never works.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

For passing, try the playaction pass where the three tight ends all go the same direction. I usually will hot route the weak side TE to block, and roll out to the strong side. If they are in a zone, the farthest TE will usually be open for a second or so, enough to rocket the ball to him. If they are man, you can toss it to the closest TE or try and run it in.

As for runs, except for dives, you got me. I can have an O-line full of 99's and still get stopped for a loss on most of the goalline running plays.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

I usually go 4 or 5 wide and give it to the RB, throw it, or scramble with the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I've had some success running the toss sweep in the goalline formation, which is surprising because it usually never works.
Is that you Yogi Berra?

I had no trouble before just muscling my way to the goal before. But now in year 3 its become nearly impossible. I've been adjusting sliders along the way, so there may have been something there that affected it. Right now, I've just about abandoned goalline @ the goalline. I've gone to spreading it out. Which goes against my philosophy in football. If you can't push the D back for 1 yd, you don't deserve to win.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Haha, I should have said that I've had success using the toss at the goal line, which is surprising because the toss usually doesn't work when you're between the 20's. Should have been a little more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Is that you Yogi Berra?

I had no trouble before just muscling my way to the goal before. But now in year 3 its become nearly impossible. I've been adjusting sliders along the way, so there may have been something there that affected it. Right now, I've just about abandoned goalline @ the goalline. I've gone to spreading it out. Which goes against my philosophy in football. If you can't push the D back for 1 yd, you don't deserve to win.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #8
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
This has worked for me as well. So does a strong formation fb blast or fb over. Just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »