Home

this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

This is a discussion on this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2005, 02:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

I have tried for months and months to find a comfortable slider set to no avail. Still no luck...I decide to run with one of playmakers set of sliders, they are nice sliders I can see how the game would be wonderful with them but how can you guys look past the consistent and I mean consistent zone defenses and other things that make we want to scream. How bout 6 drops by Trannon from MSU and other things of that nature. I am no noob to the college game from EA I have been playing this since I was in college in the mid 90's. I have never played a more frustating title in my life. Receivers running different routes, quaterback accuracy (just mind numbingly bad) broken tackles ALL THE FRICKIN TIME! I am so mad I may trade this damn thing in for anything I can get my hands on! Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this game somewhat fun for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

The reandomness of the game can't be "slidered" away,making consistent results from a given slider set hard to come by.That being said,I would recommend Moods' HFA Off sliders as at least a starting point.I went around and round with other sets and found those to be the most fun and least frustrating.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I guess i'm lucky because i'm not an NCAA purist and don't care for realism and accuracy when I play NCAA 06 (to a degree anyway). The drops are frustrating but the game is a nice break from Madden's "it feels like i'm playing the same game over and over again" feel.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I guess i'm lucky because i'm not an NCAA purist and don't care for realism and accuracy when I play NCAA 06 (to a degree anyway).
I'm the same way. If my yards per carry are a little too high or the sim stats are off, I really don't care much. As for the drops, I don't have a problem with it but it appears to be more of an XBox issue. I still love this game.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm the same way. If my yards per carry are a little too high or the sim stats are off, I really don't care much. As for the drops, I don't have a problem with it but it appears to be more of an XBox issue. I still love this game.
Count me in. My RB's average almost 7 yds/carry but I'm still having close games and having fun with the game and that's all that matters. The drops are annoying, but I don't have tons of drops every game so it's not as frustrating for me as it is for some people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Dunno what all the talk about drops are about...my games are very realistic.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

this game is very frustrating although i would suggest trying arichzonas sliders in the forum. his are very good for me.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

ya see fellas its funny cause you say that you say that you arent ncaa purists yet you guys use a certain slider set and then play the game with the HFA off. Those are reasons why this game irks me to no end. I always thought the skill levels are there for us to work up to. 4 levels, level 1 if you never played; level 4 if you continue to win the nat'l title year after year; its just so frickin irratating, I love college football and can't stand that this is my only option. Yay for me. I am firing it up here in a bit to see if I can make it through a game without a vein popping out of my forehead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »