Home

Heisman with a bad team

This is a discussion on Heisman with a bad team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Heisman with a bad team

So I started a dynasty with 1-star Navy on Heisman, no sliders. Long story short, I'm sitting at 0-7. Had a couple 7/14 point losses, a couple 40+, most of them around 20. Lost my top 2 QB's, starting DE, starting LT, and my backup FB (who's actually needed in my offense), and I think for the first time ever in NCAA I'm going to go 0-fer.

Anyone have any success with horrible teams on heisman in NCAA? Or does everyone have this rough of a time in this situation?

If you've figured it out, any tips..?

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

rpac44's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Heisman with a bad team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
So I started a dynasty with 1-star Navy on Heisman, no sliders. Long story short, I'm sitting at 0-7. Had a couple 7/14 point losses, a couple 40+, most of them around 20. Lost my top 2 QB's, starting DE, starting LT, and my backup FB (who's actually needed in my offense), and I think for the first time ever in NCAA I'm going to go 0-fer.

Anyone have any success with horrible teams on heisman in NCAA? Or does everyone have this rough of a time in this situation?

If you've figured it out, any tips..?
im 2-1 with temple (0-10 in real life) on heisman with default sliders-as for tips i dont know how it'll work for you because you run an option-oriented offense but i stick to short passes and off-tackles out of the shotgun and runs betweem the tackles on offense and play conservative zone defense, trying to stay away from the big play

btw the only good team ive beaten was @ wisconsin but my schedule gets a lot harder after my next game vs. w. mich, so i might not win more than 3 games
NHL-Blackhawks
MLB-White Sox
EPL-Chelsea
Old 11-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Heisman with a bad team

So yesterday I went into practice mode and came out with a few go-to run plays in each formation. Ended up finishing last season 2-9 (so 2-2 in my last 2 games, with a 7 point win over Tulane, who is WAY better than Navy, and a 21-point *** whipping over Army to keep the CIC trophy and my job, lol).

Had a decent recruiting class, #48 in the nation, with 3 or 4 4* recruits.

Started the next year.. New slate.. Hoping for a winning season.

Had New Mexico on the road. My team went up to a C, NM is like a B, or B- maybe. I came out to a 10-7, ball control type lead. 1:40 left, I punt it away, they house it. (argh).

I throw an INT in my 2nd play after that, and it should be over with a first down. They run it, and I end up causing a fumble on 2nd down, recover it. I drive all the way down the field, throwing the ball with frickin Navy, get to the 8 yard line, and throw an interception in the endzone to lose 14-10. Getting better though.

BTW, with the zone defense, I have found that the computer just goes deep with corners usually but sometimes streaks.. If they have a couple seconds to throw the ball, you're screwed. I will rarely run a zone unless it's a zone blitz or I'm inside my own 20 and the field is a lot smaller.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »